Things to Keep in Your Bag During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Finals week can feel like a rush, but a little preparation goes a long way.  With a few basic products, and some cleansing, deep breaths, you and your squad of girl bosses can manage to pass your exams and keep yourselves sane.  

1. Motivational, comfy clothing.  

What could be better than looking cute AND keeping yourself motivated? #ActuallySheCan tanks, created in partnership with Le Motto, are a fun and fashion forward way to remind yourself of the important things.  Keeping an extra one or two comfy tanks in your bag will allow you to change after that final presentation into something that will make you feel cozy and ready to take on the rest of your week.  

2.  Moisturizers. 

Especially in the winter time, it’s easy to forget about basic elements of self care.  One of these is making sure your skin gets the moisture it needs, and there’s no better way to do that than with a travel-sized tube of hand cream.  We recommend Being by Sanctuary– you can’t beat their unique scents and fun packaging.  

3.  Your favorite cosmetic products.  

It’s not easy to find the will to put on a full face of make-up while you’re worried about passing your classes, but as the old adage goes: bright eyes, full lashes, can’t lose.  Tarte makes an absolutely amazing pallette that will elevate your look from exhausted to exceptional in a matter of minutes.  Not to mention, their mascara will make your eyes look absolutely beautiful, effectively fooling everyone into thinking that you’ve slept in the past three days.  

4.  A quick fix for your tired eyes. 

You may not have slept in the past three days, but when that one night of the week comes around where you’re ready to hit the bar, you aren’t going to want everyone else to know that.  You may have thought that eye gels to relieve puffiness were something only your mom kept in her medicine cabinet, but it will do you a whole world of good to keep a little one in your purse.  It’s like a rapid dose of a full night’s sleep right when you need it.  We recommend Alba Botanica® for their portable size and 100% vegetarian products.  

**BONUS: Krazy Glue.  

It may seem random, but we promise it’s not.  With the rush of exams and trying to fit everything into your week before you have to move out for the long winter break, it’s easy to make mistakes and break a mug (or two) or god forbid something more valuable.  Keeping a small thing of Krazy Glue on you will eliminate one thing for you to worry about when you should be thinking about your tests.  

Do you have a product that you can’t leave the how without?  Tweet us @UConnHC! 

** All photos courtesy of Sade Pramberger of Her Campus UConn.