assorted zodiac signs?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
assorted zodiac signs?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media

The Zodiac Signs As Goodnight Texts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Below, find out what your astrological sign texts before getting a good night’s rest! Is this what your partner does, or is there another zodiac that might just be a better fit for you? Make sure to check your moon and rising sign as well to see if that resonates more with you. 

Capricorn: Goodnight, sleep well babe

Even though this sign might have had a busy afternoon, they always know to come back to those they love at the end of the day. It’s probable that they were working all day just to save up for a fancy gift for you — this sign loves to splurge when it’s well-deserved. Their grounded energy can always help calm anyone else down after a long day. Don’t worry, you’ll get a text in the morning too, so it’s always nice to have a caring Capricorn. 

Aquarius: Gnight, love you :)

Aquarius usually keeps it short and sweet. These individual characters always know how to surprise you, so you’ll probably be dreaming of them as soon as your head hits the pillow. Aquarius love when you chase them, and they know exactly what to say or not to say to have you waiting on their next response. When their soft side comes out, it’s the best feeling. 

Pisces: Hey did you fall asleep? Goodnight I love you, text me when you wake up!!

This sign might double (or triple) text you at night, but they always mean well. Pisces have a loving and nurturing relationship with almost everyone and tend to be the most caring towards their significant others. A Pisces will always know when something is off, and when to check in with you. Appreciate the big heart of a Pisces, their sweet and kind energy will always help you out when you need it most.  

Aries: Gn, don’t bother texting in the morning

Aries might have gotten in a little bit of a fight before finally falling asleep. They probably will text you in the morning, once they have cooled off. This fiery and emotional sign may go off on you here and there, but they love hard. Don’t be surprised if you wake up to something sweet. Remember to stay patient with Aries, even though their anger can sometimes be a driving force. 

Taurus: My bad, I fell asleep

Honestly, Taurus probably slumped and got the munchies before texting you back. There’s a good chance they probably said goodnight to the TV and a plate of milk and cookies in front of them before texting anyone else. They love to indulge in good food and sleep, and they always have a very grounded and calming energy to them. Don’t worry, once you see them in the morning, they’ll treat you to a cup of coffee and some waffles, trust. 

Gemini: Goodnight Abby—I mean Baby

This sign is known for its player reputation, and while it might just be autocorrect, don’t be surprised if you snoop too hard and find another girl. Geminis are hard to tie down, and pretty adamant about relationships. Keep an eye out for Abby, and remember, just because they texted goodnight, it doesn’t always mean they really care. Gemini loves a good game and mind twist.

Cancer: Goodnight my pumpkin pie!

This sentimental sign will always come up with the cutest pet name. Although some might find it cringy, it’s kind of sweet to see their nurturing and warm energy always turn up in different ways. These early birds will probably be up before you, enjoying the tranquil hours of the morning and finding some peace before the long day ahead of them. We love comforting cancer!

Leo: *Says “Goodnight Princess” to themselves in the mirror*

Leo probably has a mirror right next to their bed and loves waking up and falling asleep to it. With their high ego and slight superiority complex, they’re probably too busy with self-care and beauty sleep to text anyone else. Don’t be surprised if you invite them to a sleepover and they are up late repeating affirmations to themselves, or maybe figuring out what to post next on Instagram. Leos can’t get enough of themselves, and who can really blame them?

Virgo: Goodnight ly

This classic sign likes to keep it simple and might throw in a heart emoji if you’re extra special. Virgos do love a good routine though, so the text will always be punctual, and they’ll love telling you all about your day. This focused sign might be pretty ambitious and you may notice they’re always on the go. However, once they really like someone, they are one of the most dependable people to have around. 

Libra: Sleep well sexy

If you’ve ever hooked up with a Libra, then you probably got this text before hitting the hay. With their flirtatious and charismatic energy, it’s hard to resist this sign when they offer to spend the night with you. Chances are, you probably will text them back next weekend. Everyone loves a good sneaky link — especially a fun Libra. 

Scorpio: goodnight loser LMAO

Scorpios always are having their silly girl hours. This dark humor sign always knows how to wake you up with a smile or end the day laughing. Even though their energy may come off as mysterious or almost like their untouchable, they really are one of the most playful signs. Scorpios always have a surprising twist to them, and a magnetic presence once you finally get to be around them.

Sagittarius: *doesn’t text back*

Does Sagittarius even do relationships? This imaginative and creative sign might be too wrapped up in their own world and fantasies to bother with texting back. You can forget a morning or night text from them, and don’t be surprised if you end up ghosted. Consider yourself lucky if they text back — this sign is always on the go, so even just a moment spent thinking about you means a lot.

Those were the twelve astrological signs as goodnight texts! If you didn’t resonate with your sun sign, make sure to check your moon and rising.      

Amelia is a freshmen at University of Connecticut majoring in Journalism. She loves to hang out with friends, go to yoga classes, swim, and binge watch Netflix. Her comfort show is Jane the Virgin and her go-to Starbucks bev is a pink drink!