galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

5 Unique Gifts to Celebrate Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Looking for a Valentine’s Day gift that isn’t chocolate or flowers? Whether you’re celebrating with your partner, best friend, or by yourself, you can’t go wrong with these awesome products and a little bit of self-care.

1. glossier

Out of all the skincare products I’ve used, Glossier is my true love. The Milky Jelly Cleanser is vegan, cruelty-free, and the lightest face cleanser I have ever used! The best part about this cleanser is it is suitable for any skin type and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. Don’t forget to check out the Glossier skincare kits on the Glossier website!

2. Verb hair care

If you are a blonde girly like me, or just like taking of care of your hair, then Verb products are for you! Verb makes products specifically for your hair type that are affordable and won’t break the bank. The Verb Ghost Shampoo and Ghost Oil go hand-in-hand, making your hair soft, hydrated, and tangle-free!

3. Kiehl’s skincare

Although a little more on the pricey side, Kiehl’s sustainable skincare is truly a favorite of mine. It wasn’t until I received Kiehl’s cleanser as a gift that I realized I was in love! Not sure you want a full bottle? No problem! Kiehl’s sells mini versions of their products, and trust me, a little goes a long way so the bottle will last you a while!

4. Dr. Teal’s lavender soap

This is my favorite product that I recently found on my short stay in an Airbnb, and let me just say (insert chef’s kiss) that it is so relaxing! Not only does it help you wind down for the night but it is also super affordable (only $6!), so it is definitely a win all the way around.

5. Hatch Sleep Products

Last but not least, Hatch sleep products are my favorite that I use every night! On the pricier side ($120), this product will never be put to waste. It took me a while to make this purchase but I don’t regret it one bit. The Hatch sleep machine has sleep stories, meditations, sleep sounds (the waterfall and campfire sounds are my fav!), a variety of night light colors for late-night readers or for a chill ambiance, and a sunset alarm clock. Run, don’t walk, to make this amazing purchase for a great night’s sleep!

Tia Burton

U Conn '24

Tia is a junior at the University of Connecticut studying animal science and pre-veterinary studies. Outside of writing, Tia enjoys riding horses, reading, or binging Netflix.