This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As winter is starting to say its final goodbyes, we all can welcome spring with open arms. With spring comes flowers blooming, the grass growing greener, and the air getting warmer. As someone eager for the warm weather to come, I can’t help but think of the scents of spring. More specifically, the fragrances we all need to be smelling fresh this season! Below, I’ve compiled a list of five must-have fragrances for this spring.

1. Glossier you

Glossier’s You has been all the rave and for good reason! This scent is perfect for everyday wear, subtle but long-lasting. The notes of this fragrance are as follows: pink pepper, iris, ambrette seeds, and ambrox. If you’re not a perfume connoisseur (don’t worry because I’m not either!), basically this perfume smells amazing! The fragrance offers a fresh floral scent that’s still very warm and “familiar” as most reviews call it. I just recently started using this fragrance and I will definitely be repurchasing!

2. Maison Margiela Replica on a date

Maison Margie’s Replica collection is simply amazing. Each scent offers a perfect mixture of notes that bring you back to special moments and memories. My personal favorite is Replica On a Date, which is a relatively new addition to the collection! The fragrance was formulated to take you back to a date night filled with notes of fresh roses and sparkling fruitiness. I absolutely love this fragrance, it’s sweet but not too overpowering. This collection is on the pricier end, but they’re all very long-lasting and there’s a fragrance that everyone is bound to love. Did I mention they also have a candle for every scent in the collection?

3. Gucci Bloom

Gucci’s Bloom Eau de Toilette launched in 2022 as a new edition to the Bloom collection. Since the release, everyone has been talking about it, and I’ll admit I might be buying it this season! This fragrance offers a more lively and floral scent compared to the original. A sweetness of honey and a citrus aspect was added. Personally, I love a less intense sweeter fragrance. If you’re the same, this is the one to choose out of the collection. It’s more on the expensive side of fragrances, but it’s extremely long-lasting and a scent you will definitely not forget.

4. Lancome idole

We all know that Lancome absolutely never misses when it comes to fragrances, but Idole has to be my favorite. This scent is perfect for a subtle spring fragrance, offering notes of citrus, vanilla, jasmine, and rose. This perfume is so fresh and floral, yet still gives you that warm vanilla base we all love. Lancome offers four different ounce options for this fragrance, so you can give it a try before making the investment this season.

5. YSL Black opium

There’s simply no way I could create a list of must-have fragrances without including YSL Black Opium. I think we all can agree that this perfume has some sort of hold on us. Honestly no matter the time of year, this perfume will consistently be tried and true. This perfume is extremely rich with hints of coffee and vanilla. There’s no perfect way to describe it until you smell it for yourself! Black Opium is definitely on the pricier end, but it truly is the most long-lasting scent I have ever worn. Grab a sample this season, I promise you will absolutely need the full size ASAP!

Coming from someone who adores fragrances, I hope you find you perfect scent this spring!

Gianna is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut studying Communication. She enjoys shopping, getting coffee, and taking pictures (mostly of her dog)! Gianna enjoys writing about anything from fashion, to music, or relatable lifestyle content specifically for college aged women. In her future Gianna hopes to start a career in public relations and/or marketing. She has always had a passion for writing and believes that HerCampus is an incredible outlet for other women with the same passion! In her free time Gianna loves spending time with friends, staying active, and taking millions of sunset pictures.