A Recap of ‘The Kardashians’ Season 2, Episodes 1&2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The Kardashians is back! Season 2 of The Kardashians premiered on September 22nd, only three months after the season 1 finale dropped on Hulu. So what has everyone been up to? Let’s start by recapping what each member of the KarJenner clan got up to in the first two episodes of the season!

Khloé

The season 2 premiere was entirely devoted to depicting Khloé’s journey over the past nine months. It was revealed in July that she was expecting a second child with Tristan Thompson vis surrogate. The show’s first episode depicted Khloé processing the devastating effects of Tristan’s deception, paired with the anticipation of their child together.

Khloé shares that the decision to have another child was made just weeks before she found out about Tristan’s cheating. It seems that he pushed her into having another child after he found out that the women he cheated on Khloé with was pregnant. We watch Khloé break the news to her friends and family months after the destruction of her and Tristan’s relationship. It is heartbreaking to see Khloé’s hesitancy when sharing the news. Unsurprisingly, her family and friends are supportive of Khloé as well as even more appalled by Tristan’s actions. The episode follows Khloé’s changing emotions regarding the upcoming birth of her child, from reluctantly shopping for baby clothes with Kris, to finally telling True that she going to be a big sister. Khloé shows incredible strength, and is finally able to embrace the upcoming change in her life. Kris throws her a baby shower with her close friends and family, and she is able to start brainstorming baby names. In the final minutes of the episode, we get to see Kim’s documentation of the birth of Khloe’s son. The baby is born healthy, with both of his parents present. The first episode was filmed after the rest of the season 2 episodes, as Khloé wasn’t ready to share her baby news during filming. This means that the remainder of the season won’t acknowledge Khloé’s (surrogate) pregnancy, yet you are able to sense some of her underlying anxiety as you watch her in episode 2.

kim

So far, Kim doesn’t seem to have as central of a role this season as she did last season. Last season, there was a lot of build-up to her relationship with Pete Davidson. But, in real-time, she and Pete have broken up. So, is there a possibility that Pete was supposed to be present in this season and was edited out in post-production? Kim mentioned him once by name, but we have yet to see him. Besides supporting Khloé after Tristan’s betrayal, Kim doesn’t seem to have much going on. Her main storyline currently seems to be working with Prada. We haven’t seen much, but at the end of the episode she and Kendall landed in Milan, so hopefully next episode we get to see more of ‘Kim and Kendall Take Milan’!

Kourtney

Last season, we learned a lot about Kourtney’s relationship with Travis Barker (maybe too much..), and we were able to watch them get engaged. And you now where an engagement leads to… a wedding! This season, it looks like we are going to be able to watch Kourtney plan her and Travis’ beautiful Italian wedding that occurred in July. According to previews, the show also will cover the wedding itself! Other than wedding planning, we get to see Kourtney and Travis get away to Plan Springs, and of course, make out some more. In regards to the drama with Scott last season, nothing has been said. Scott is absent from the first two episodes, whether it’s a coincidence or intentional, it’s hard to say. Could Scott have chosen to step away from the show due to the less-than-positive edits he got on season 1? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Kendall

Kendall seems to be prioritizing the same things she did in season 1: her ‘health’, modeling, and not having children. In episode 2, we see Kendall take Khloé to get an MRI of her brain and meet with a psychologist. Apparently, Kendall’s goal is to see the brain scans of each of her family members, in order to understand them better. Other than that, we’ll be seeing Kendall walk in the Prada show in Milan, surely in addition to many more rituals that may or may not cause her to live to 200.

Kylie

At the beginning of episode 2, we see Kylie give birth to her newborn son. Throughout the episode, we see Kylie adjusting after the birth of her second child. She addresses post-birth body positivity in addition to the difficulty of naming her newborn son. His name is Wolf Webster on his birth certificate, but soon after the certificate was signed, Kylie decided that the name didn’t fit her son. Since then, she and Travis have been brainstorming name ideas, she even says that Travis has been calling their son a new name everyday to see what fits! But when she sits down with Kris, she says that they have decided on a name, they just are not ready to share it yet, in case they change their minds again. I only hope we know at least one of the two new babies’ names before the end of the season, the anticipation is killing me!

Kris

Kris, as always, is supporting her daughters in each of their endeavors. Currently, her focus seems to be mostly on Khloé as she continues to deal with Tristan’s betrayal and the upcoming birth of her child. There’s no question that the KarJenner girls wouldn’t be who they are today without Queen Kris!

There’s no doubt that this season has a lot in store for us. As each sister’s storylines begin to unfold, drama will ensue. Thursday can’t come fast enough! Make sure to check out episodes 1&2 on Hulu!

Riley Hines

U Conn '24

Riley is a senior at the University of Connecticut majoring in English with a minor in Communications. She spends her time reading, spending time with friends and family, and cuddling with her dog. You can always find her in the campus Starbucks getting another coffee!