Lizzo at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Lizzo at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS
Style > Fashion

The Best Dressed Of The 2023 Grammys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Two weeks ago, the prestigious Grammy Awards were held in Los Angeles. Iconic artists like Harry Styles, Beyoncé, Steve Lacy, Lizzo, and so many more were in attendance, making it a star-studded night. And the artists did not disappoint in the fashion department, as everyone looked stunning strutting the red carpet. Read on for five of my favorite looks from the night:

1. Lizzo

Lizzo is one my personal favorite artists, so of course I am biased in putting her on this list. However, her orange outfit is just so fun with the flower hooded shawl she had on. Then, she did a little change on the carpet putting the shawl down to display the stunning lighter orange ribbed dress underneath. As always, she was iconic.

2. Harry Styles

Now I know this outfit divided a lot of people who voiced their opinions all over social media. However, I thought this outfit, with the Harry House-era jumpsuit, was put together in a unique way. There have been some jumpsuits he has worn on tour, however, those will be in my nightmares and shall never be talked about. The fun colors and diamonds throughout the suit allowed him to somehow pull it off. Once again, this is one I saw and thought was a lot of fun.

3. Olivia Rodrigo

Olivia Rodrigo has become a staple Gen Z artist over the past three years and her looks never fail to disappoint. This black piece allows her to give a classy look the Grammys are known for. However, the see-through pieces of the dress also allow for a modern look that is playful. This dress is the perfect mesh between the traditional and modern that gives this look an effortless feel that I enjoy.

4. kelsea Ballerini

Kelsea Ballerini truly glowed in this yellow, flowy gown. Though some may say it is not the most unique, I thought it was classy while being fun with the vibrant yellow color and gold accents. It truly showcases the singer’s sunny disposition in a fun way.

5. H.E.R.

Last but not least, H.E.R. stunned the red carpet in all black. The outline of this gown itself was so unique with the velvet top that goes to the see-through bottom half. It truly brought something new to the classy black dress.

Overall, every artist was stunning at the Grammys, pulling out all the stops. The Grammys every year can be frustrating to watch when your favorite artists are competing for major awards. But the red carpet looks are something always fun to see, and to also get a glimpse of artists interacting with one another in real-time.

Sophia is a freshman at the University of Connecticut studying Communication. She loves reading romance books, Dunkin' Donuts coffee, her two dogs, and listening to music.