Style > Fashion

The Best Celebrity Luxury Marketing Campaigns For Spring/Summer 2024

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

In all the hustle and bustle of our day-to-day lives, brands are trying to get our attention for their latest product or service launch everywhere we look. What is the easiest way for them to do it? Use celebrities we all admire and would love to live like, of course! When it comes to the designer fashion industry, we are not only being looked to purchase the goods (though they would appreciate that too) but we are also being looked to enjoy the artistic liberties and creativity behind the clothes and the bags and all the accessories our favorite stars are decked out in. They are looking for us to marvel at the beauty within the shapes and colors of the line because, at the end of the day, fashion is all about the art. Here is my selection for the best celebrity marketing campaigns for Spring/Summer 2024:

Diana Ross for YSL

Obviously making the top of the list is the iconic Diana Ross for Yves Saint Laurent. Diana Ross is a living legend in the music industry so it makes sense that she would be partnering with one of the most notable fashion brands in the world. In this campaign, she can be seen wearing a floor-length, black, bodycon dress with her famously voluminous hair against a gray background on a white stool. The photo is overlayed with a black-and-white filter to make the dress pop and showcase Ross in an elegant and serious light. Overall, the campaign is beautifully done and was a phenomenal choice for celebrity endorsement for Yves Saint Laurent who represents classic elegance so effortlessly.

Kaia gerber for Dkny

The daughter and clone of Cindy Crawford, Kaia Gerber, has made a name for herself as a continually rising supermodel and socialite in her own right. With Donna Karan New York’s recent comeback on the luxury fashion scene, Gerber is a perfect choice for a campaign. Coupling her edgy style and public relatability with Donna Karan’s affordable luxury prices and mainstream appeal, you get an unstoppable force. In the campaign itself, we see a variety of looks on Gerber such as a tan leather jacket with jeans and black boots, and we also see a black blazer with a white DKNY undershirt accompanied by a similar pair of black boots. The more casual, day-to-day feel is a staple of Donna Karan just like the day-to-day vibe of Kaia Gerber’s streetwear paparazzi shots.

Jermey Allen White for calvin klein

With the drop of the show “The Bear,” Jeremy Allen White has become a household name for his leading role. Before this, he had acted as a main character on the show “Shameless,” but he never quite got the same attention. His Calvin Klein ad only solidifies his place in pop culture as well as the fashion world. In the ad, we can see he has followed his predecessors in the iconic underwear ad showcasing his muscles and masculine features. They also include a black-and-white filter over the image in order to make it more alluring and dramatic. He has followed in the footsteps of the likes of Justin Bieber, Mark Wahlberg, and Jacob Elordi and we can’t wait to see more of him in our feeds.

Zendaya for Bulgari

Hollywood’s darling right now, Zendaya, has taken fashion by storm with her iconic red carpet looks, multiple brand deals, and iconically wearing basketball shorts under her designer dresses for events. After taking becoming an ambassador for Bulgari in 2020, Zendaya has given look after look and is showing no signs of slowing down. After her campaign last year for the Serpenti collection with Anne Hathaway, we didn’t think she could give more. Until of course her latest campaign with the brand where she is pictured solo in a black sequin top showing off several pieces of jewelry in one pose. Her skin is glowing, her eyes are serving, and her looks are selling. We cannot wait for more Zendaya in the headlines and definitely want more of her in our magazines.

rosy zhao for versace

A rising Chinese actress, Rosy Zhao, otherwise known as Zhao Lusi, has been officially made a brand ambassador for Versace. Her intense eyes and soft facial features pair perfectly for a Versace campaign. She can be seen in a mostly black outfit featuring a black tweed Versace blazer, black corset top, and light wash Versace cargo denim jeans with Versace briefs showing in the front. Of course, we also can’t forget the stunning Medusa ’95 back that is a Versace staple. The jet black contrasting her pale skin tone makes for an eye-catching ad that nobody can look away from. While everything she’s wearing costs about a semester’s tuition, we still can’t help but want to buy it all.

Overall, these were the five best celebrity luxury marketing campaigns for Spring/Summer 2024. Each campaign is unique, from an artistic standpoint, and I can’t wait to see more!

Madison Crook is a first-year marketing management student at the University of Connecticut Scholl of Business. She has an interest in luxury brand management and fashion! She lives to write and is so excited to be writing for HC!