The 8 Cutest Group Costume Ideas For Halloween 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Halloween is quickly approaching and my TikTok and Instagram feeds have been FLOODED with the cutest costume ideas. Group costumes are not only super fun to plan and coordinate with your friends, but adorable for your Instagram feed and to wear out. These are 10 of the cutest group Halloween costumes that I have seen online to inspire anyone who needs a last-minute group costume.

Hey Barbie!

2023 is the year of Barbie, so why not channel Greta Gerwig’s iconic spin-off characters with your friends this Halloween? The options are vast, with stereotypical Barbie, Weird Barbie, Mermaid Barbie, President Barbie, Physicist Barbie, Doctor Barbie, or even Ken and Alan! Check out this article from Good Housekeeping for great inspiration for some of these options.

Disney Princesses

Many of us grew up admiring Disney princesses for their inspiring, romantic stories. Emanating their gorgeous outfits with your friends is a must-do costume that I have seen all over my TikTok For You page. Here is Kylie Jenner and her squad’s spin, but your costumes can even be super simple, with a corset top and skirt being a great base.

F is for friends who do stuff together

I have seen awesome recreations of the SpongeBob crew, but my favorite is definitely this one because of Sandy’s awesome costume. I love this for a group of four or five, but you can even do the classic SpongeBob and Patrick duo or add Squidward for a trio.

Peaky Blinders

If you had a Peaky Blinder’s binge-watching phase like me, you might have also been obsessed with their blazers and beret’s. This pin was an adorable spin on the outfits from the show, but if you want a more recognizable version, I love this.

it’s all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus

One of my all time favorite Halloween movies has to be Hocus Pocus, and nothing says Halloween better than the Sanderson Sisters! There are so many ways to make this costume cute, especially for a brunette, blonde, and redhead trio. I love this spin-off from the Riverdale cast so much, but there are so many you can find online that are simpler and just as cute.

Founding fathers

I was so adamant on making this costume happen this year because it would be so funny to wear out, but unfortunately it fell through. So, please let me live vicariously through you by being these revolutionary (literally) figures! Here is an example of how this costume can be super easy. If you’re lucky, all you would really need to buy is the wig.

You’re a wizard, harry!

Another awesome costume I have seen are spin-offs from the iconic Harry Potter book series and movies. You and your friends could either dress up in the outfits from each of the houses like seen here. Or, you could dress as the Gryffindor trio we all know and love: Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Spice Girls

What says girl power more than the iconic 90’s girl group, the Spice Girls? Rock Baby Spice’s all pink fits, Scary Spice’s cheetah prints, Ginger Spice’s British flag dress, Sporty Spice’s streetwear, and Posh Spice’s super posh attire like seen here.

Alice in wonderland

I have seen SO many adorable spin-offs of this costume that I really hope to see this Halloween! I love this for a trio, but you can also expand your group by adding the Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat. Not only is this costume super cute, but it is also something I do not see around too often!

The plastics

If you want to be more creative than the “hardcore” girls Cady references in the classic film Mean Girls, why not reference this iconic film with your costume? You can do the cast in their famous outfits like here, or spice it up by being the Plastics in their Santa costumes.

halloween redhead costume ideas?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Paramount Pictures

These are just a few of the creative, super cute costumes that I have been seeing online for Halloween 2023! I hope that this article gives you some great inspiration for you and your besties this year.

XOXO, Aayaat Saiyed <3

Aayaat Saiyed is a fourth-year undergraduate student at UConn majoring in Cognitive Science with a minor in Healthcare Management and Insurance Studies. After graduating, she is interested in pursuing her masters and ultimately a career in the medical field. She loves to write about beauty, fashion, pop culture, and college life!