This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

I’ve been in somewhat of a reading slump lately, but it’s a new(ish) year, and with that comes a slate of new books to read. I can’t wait for the long, sunny, warm days spent reading outside this summer, and from Emily Henry to Matt Haig, the list of books to be excited about is nearly endless. Here’s what I’m most looking forward to reading, in order, so you can plan your TBR accordingly.

JUST FOR THE SUMMER BY ABBY JIMENEZ

Abby Jimenez is an author I’ve loved recently. The first book I read of hers was last summer, and so was the second and third. These books are silly romances that have great pacing and endings I love. The plot will follow Emma, a traveling nurse, and Justin, a guy whose love life never goes the way he wants it to. With family complications and heightened emotions, this is shaping up to be another great read by Jimenez. It’s set to be released on April 2.

Funny Story by Emily Henry

One thing about me is that I’m always ready for another Emily Henry book. She has definitely taken the place of my favorite contemporary romance author. All of her books are great, and while my favorite remains Book Lovers, I’m curious if this one will take its place. With main characters Daphne and Miles fake-dating to get back at their exes, this is sure to be another one of Henry’s fantastic romances, her fifth in fact. It’s slated for publishing and release on April 23, 2024.

The Paradise Problem by Christina Lauren

I read Lauren’s The Unhoneymooners last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I was thrilled when I read she was coming out with a new book this year. It’s set to follow Anna Green and Liam Weston in a marriage of convenience, one so that Anna can have access to affordable housing at UCLA. With complicated family dynamics and an incredible amount of money at stake, I’m curious to see where this story will go. It’s set to be released on May 14.

The Fiancé Dilemma By Elena Armas

The Long Game is the book that got me out of my recent slump. The sequel, The Fiancé Dilemma, set to be released on July 30, follows The Long Game’s main character, Adalyn’s best friend Matthew, and Josie, someone she meets in the first book. I’m counting on it for a great beach read this summer. I’m looking forward to seeing how Armas continues building the world she began in the first book of this series. Her last mini-series was The Spanish Love Deception and The American Roommate Experiment, so it’s clear that Armas writes well in pairs.

The Life Impossible by Matt Haig

Ever since I read Haig’s The Midnight Library, I’ve wanted to read more. His newest novel, set to be released on Sept. 3, will be the perfect reason for me to do so. It will follow Grace, a retired math teacher, who is left alone in a house by a friend from her past. She has facts to uncover, beaches to spend her days in, and a new life plan to create.

It’s a new year, and a new TBR full of stories for me. I can’t wait to dive into these books as they’re released over the next several months and to see what all of these authors write next.

Bella is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut double-majoring in English and Secondary English Education. She is a Public Relations and Events Chair for Her Campus UConn, where she spends time planning events to foster a strong sense of community among the chapter. Bella enjoys writing articles about books she reads, and providing advice for incoming students. In her spare time, you’ll find Bella browsing a bookstore with a coffee in-hand, baking her latest favorite recipe, embroidering some flowers, or listening to her current Spotify playlist on repeat.