The Struggles of Being the Grandpa Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Everyone has their role in their girl squad whether you’re the mom, the funny one or the lesser known grandpa friend. You may not even know that this is the category you fit in, but if you can relate to more than half of the things on the list, then yes you are probably the grandpa friend and realize the struggles of being one.

You always complain that the pregame is too loud.

You don’t understand Snapstreaks or what the emojis next to Snapchat friends mean.

You never update your social media and rarely bother to check it.

You prefer going to bed early and staying in to watch TV as opposed to going out on a Friday night.

You’re slightly annoyed when your friends want to eat dinner any time after 5 pm.

You break out the dorkiest moves imaginable on those select nights you do go out.

You constantly complain that millennials are the worst despite being a part of the generation.

You find yourself saying “I’m too old for this” more often than any college student ever should be.

You’re grumpy a majority of the time and your friends know to expect this.

You’re constantly forgetting things no matter how hard you try.

You still can’t figure out how to take a good selfie.

You make terrible jokes, usually a bad pun of some sort.

Despite being the slightly grumpy one of the group and failing to understand all the current trends, every squad needs their own grandpa friend.

Cover Image