Stefanie Dolson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Stefanie Dolson is kind of a big deal.

It goes without saying that she has been one of the driving forces of the women’s basketball team’s success throughout her four years at UConn.

The 6-5 senior from Port Jervis, NY, just brought her team to its second consecutive national championship after an undefeated season.

In the championship game against Notre Dame, she had 17 points, 16 rebounds and 7 assists.

This May, she will graduate with 1797 career points, averaging 11.7 points per game.  She has 1101 total rebounds, averaging 7.15 per game.

Her impact on UConn basketball does not lie solely in her stats, however.  Dolson has been a leader and motivator on the team since she joined.

Now, Stef has the chance to take her talents beyond Storrs.  She was drafted first round to the WNBA team the Washington Mystics.  Her teammate, Bria Hartley, was at first drafted by the Seattle Storm and then traded to the Mystics as well.

Not to mention, she was just on Jimmy Fallon.  After the championship win, she mentioned him:

Then she challenged him to a dance-off on Instagram, and he took her up on it when she appeared on the show earlier this week!

Go Stef! 

[Cover image via http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10155867/women-college-basketball-stefanie-dolson-heart-connecticut-huskies]

Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.