Stages of Applying to Study Abroad As Told By Jake Peralta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

So you want to study abroad? That’s exciting. Studying abroad will be an experience like no other, and it’s always an unforgettable experience no matter what you make of it.

But first, before you can jet off and explore the world, you have to face the painful process of applications.

You’re checking out possible countries you may want to study in. This is the fun part. You’re imagining all of the possibilities.

You go to your first Education Abroad Information Session. Suddenly, you’re aware that there is a long process that stands in the way of the semester you’re already imagining.

Studying abroad is going to be costly, and on top of that, it’s pretty competitive to get into the program you want. Not to mention the endless amount of essays you have to write…

It takes forever to get through the application. You’ve never signed off on so many agreements, and you want to make sure everything is just right.

But eventually, you manage to finish your application. After checking it over several times, you send it off. And then you have to wait for the acceptance. You’re definitely nervous, even though you’re trying to play it cool.

But then the acceptance you’ve been waiting for comes in! You did it! You’re going to be studying abroad. And you couldn’t be happier!

Happy travels, fellow Huskies!