This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of year again: Spring Weekend! Full of fun events, guests, and more to distract you from upcoming finals (tears). Check out our guide to the best activities going around on campus this Weekend: 

Thursday

The first day of UConn’s Spring Weekend kicks off with a market out on Fairfield Way from 12:00-3:00 p.m. This market will feature different kinds of vendors in tented booths scattered along Fairfield Way. We remember enjoying this event last year because one booth, in particular, sold thrift items, and thrift shopping is something we miss while away at school.

Later in the afternoon, you can enjoy attending the Water Pong Tournament in Gampel at 5:30 p.m. Show off your skills with friends!

There’s also the Cultural Center Open House on the 4th floor of the Student Union from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tours of PRLACC, AsACC, AACC, Rainbow Center and the Women’s Center will be given along with free food and t-shirts.

One of the best events is the the Glow Up the Night 5K. This road race hosted by UConn Club Sports is on campus and run in the dark with the help of glow sticks and neon apparel. 

If you prefer something less physically demanding, Project Fashion’s Fashion Show also begins at 7:00 p.m, and your favorite organization, Her Campus, will be in attendance with a booth featuring giveaways.

End the first night of SW in the Student Union Theater watching A Dog’s Purpose at 9:00 p.m., because who doesn’t want to end their day with dogs? Tickets are $2.

Friday

Let your competitive nature soar on Friday by participating in the many game-based events hosted on campus. It kicks off at 11:00 a.m. with Lawn Games on the Student Union Mall.

A personal favorite of ours is the completion based “Let Them Eat Cake” event. Teams are given a sheet cake to design with various frostings and candies and then are judged for the chance to win a prize. Every group will be given a T-shirt and the opportunity to leave with their decorated cake at the end of the event. Dessert and a free shirt, what more could you want?

The competition continues with either the Bubble Soccer Tournament at Shenkman Football Complex or Game Night on the 3rd Floor of the Student Union, both beginning at 6:00 p.m.

If you’re in a competitive mood but not interested in exerting yourself, check out UConn Football’s Spring Game at 7:00 at Rentschler Field. #TrueHuskies will be there cheering in the stands.

Looking for a less competitive thrill? Check out Alpha Kappa Lambda’s “AKLeap of Faith,” featuring some elevated platform participants can jump off of and into a blown up cushion below for $2, or attempt to shoot a basketball from the platform for $3 and the chance to win a prize if you make the shot. It will be up from 12:00-7:00 p.m. on Fairfield Way.

However, if you’re more interested in escaping the looming feeling of finals with some relaxing events, check out some of the events involving the arts. Lip Sync Battle is at 4 p.m. in the Student Union Theater, and more live performers can be seen later at the Sounds of Storrs event out on the Student Union Terrace at 6, hosted by the UConn Rock Ensemble. The lineup includes The Merks, UConn Rock Ensemble, One Time Weekend, Flight of Silence, UC Soul Collective, and Kalimur. This event is a really great way to support your fellow UConn students’ musical ventures, not mention live music outside where there also is food being served is always a good idea.  (***Update: The Sounds of Storrs event was cancelled.)

You can finish your evening once again with dogs, watch Marley and Me at 8:00 p.m. at the Student Union Theater.

If you’re looking for a laugh check out Jorgensen at 10:30 p.m. to see Bob Saget for the comedy show. Here’s to hoping he’ll also provide some life lessons in true Danny Tanner fashion.

If you want to enjoy your Spring Weekend by helping others, that’s possible as well!  At 10:00 a.m. UConn’s community outreach will be making literacy kits to help students engage in learning in a better way.

You can also attend Community Outreach’s Hunger Banquet at 3:00 p.m. to learn about how greatly access to food can affect your place in society. Bring non-perishable food item for admittance.

Saturday

Although it’s the last day of Spring Weekend ’17, it’s certainly not the least in regards to activities. A legendary UConn event for 34 years, OOzeball is back. From 9:00-5:00 p.m. on the North Campus Fields, teams will be playing in “several inches of glorious mud” (oh, yeah) while playing volleyball. As Sports Illustrated once wrote it’s the “Best Mud Volleyball in the country.”

Shortly after, the third annual Sakura Matsuri Cherry Blossom Festival begins. From 11:00-4:00 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom, free massages, food, and photo booth pictures are available. Stop by for UConn’s version of a national event.

Beginning at 12:00 noon, The Res Hall Association is throwing UConnAPalooza. This year’s theme is sustainability and will be held until 4:00 p.m. on the CLAS Quad (between Austin and Beach). Free plants and a make your own bamboo station will be there for students to enjoy. In an effort to stick with this year’s theme, free bike repairs will also be available during the event.

At 1:00 p.m. head over to the Great Lawn to watch the UConn skydiving team skydive onto campus. The perfect way to enjoy the event? With the provided free food and giveaways of course.  

If food is what makes you happy, you’re in luck this year. Eleven food trucks will be lined up along Hillside and Fairfield Way to help you get your fix. From 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. you can eat as much food as you can get!  Pro tip: stalk SUBOG’s social media pages for cut the line passes.

End your night with the talented, and not to mention gorgeous, Evan Peters (AKA, bae) lecture in Jorgensen. The American Horror Story actor will be discussing his life and career at 9:00 p.m.

If Peters doesn’t interest you, the Student Union Mall will be hosting an outdoor film showing Moana. Disney’s latest and greatest will projected onto an inflatable screen starting at 9:00 p.m. Pro tip: don’t forget to bring a blanket.

To participate in events, you need to pick up a wristband. Locations and pick up times are below.

And that’s your weekend, Huskies. We hope you enjoy Spring Weekend 2017! 

Cover Image Source 

Alexis Angelini is a fourth-year student studying English and Communication. When not working as a Social Media Content Producer, Alexis is heavily involved on campus. She currently serves as the President of UConn Yoga Sangha, the Marketing Director of Her Campus UConn, as well as a Peer Educator in S.H.A.P.E. Her love and interest for social media is reflected in her experience, as she has worked with brands such as Aerie, Rent the Runway, Hallmark, Neutrogena, The Economist, Uber, etc. Her social media experience has helped start-ups to Forbes-featured businesses to Fortune 500 companies with their social media.