Spring Break Day Trips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.
In less than one week, spring break will be here!  We’ll all enjoy a week free of classes, exams, and homework. But if you don’t have any travel plans you may be wondering what to do with your week off. Lucky for you, we’ve made a list of our top 5 local destinations.  
  1. New York City

Topping our list of local destinations is New York City. The city has so much to offer and is sure to please everyone. We promise you won’t be disappointed! Some of our favorite spots include the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Macy’s on 34th Street, and Times Square.

1. Boston

Boston is a great city for anyone who loves history. There are so many historic sites to visit, including the Freedom Trail and the Old State House. Not a history buff? Then make sure to check out the New England Aquarium, Quincy Market, and the Boston Duck Tours.

1. Mystic Aquarium

Are you an animal lover? Then you should plan a visit to Mystic Aquarium located in Mystic, CT. There you’ll see beluga whales, sea lions, African penguins, and much more. Spend the day at the aquarium and have lunch at Penguins Café. Try one of their encounter programs and you’ll have a chance to be up close with a beluga whale

.

1. Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art

Do you love art? If so you’ll definitely want to visit the Wadsworth Atheneum located in Hartford, CT. Founded in 1842, it is the oldest art museum in the United States. Their collection includes American art, contemporary art, textiles and costumes, European art, and more. Make sure to take advantage of their student discount and buy your tickets for only $5!

1. Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets

Our list would not be complete without a shopping destination. Our favorite shopping spot is Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets located in Clinton, CT. Spring break is the perfect time to visit the outlets where you will find deals on some of your favorite brands. These include American Eagle Outfitters, Coach, Banana Republic, and many more.

Caitlin is a Communication major with minors in Sociology and Women's Studies at the University of Connecticut. She has always loved to write, but she caught the advertising bug at UConn and now dreams of creating ads that people will always remember. When she's not studying mass media or reading advertising blogs, Caitlin loves making collages, riding horses, and surprising people!