Spinning Out Waiting For Ya: ‘Satellite’ Music Video Out Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Harry Styles has finally released the music video for his song, “Satellite,” off of his third studio album, Harry’s House. The music video centers around an adorable robot, named Stomper, who is named after Styles’ signature move when he performs Satellite.

The news was announced via Instagram on @HSHQ, in a post of the star himself, Stomper, whose likeness has been compared to Wall-E by fans. Some comments on the post are, “Thought this was an announcement for wall-e smh” or “So we were all thinking this was promo for a second wall-e movie.”

The music video kicks off backstage at a concert, with a crew member wishing Harry a good show. In the background, we can see Stomper sadly watching a NASA launch, narrated by Brian Cox, of a Mars rover named Curiosity — a rover that has spent 10 years on Mars by itself. We then see Stomper roaming around the concert venue until he finds Harry. Stomper is next seen on stage with Harry, however, Stomper is soon escorted off the stage.

The concert ends, and on his way out, Stomper finds himself in the crowd surrounded by fans and leftover feather boas. Stomper soon embarks on a journey around places like Los Angles, the desert, the forest, and NASA headquarters, where he was finally reunited with Harry. Stomper soon passes away after his reunion with Harry.

The music video is a surprisingly heartbreaking one. We followed Stomper’s journey to find his person with the song lyrics, “Spinning out, waiting for ya to pull me in / I can see you’re lonely down there / Don’t you know that I am right here,” playing in the background — until we were met with his untimely death.

Here are some fan reactions:

You can check out Stomper’s journey and sadly, death, on Harry’s YouTube channel!

Sagal M

U Conn '25

Sagal is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut. She's studying Political Science. She's hopes to become a lawyer focusing on civil rights law. Her favorite hobbies are watching rom-coms and reading books.