Snow-Covered Horsebarn Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Over break, UConn was covered with a blanket of snow. This photo is looking down at campus from the top of Horse Barn Hill. Horsebarn Hill is undeniably one of the prettiest views of campus.

Amanda Grewer is a second-year student at the University of Connecticut as a student of the College of Liberal Arts and Science, majoring in Journalism and Political Science. She comes from Danbury, Connecticut where she was Feature Editor and Business Manager of Danbury High School’s newspaper, Hatters’ Herald. At UConn she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta and Assistant Director of Special Events for HuskyTHON, the 18-hour dance marathon that supports Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. She has freelanced for The Hartford Courant as well as attended Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s Summer Journalism Workshop. Besides writing she enjoys shopping (even if it’s at the Co-Op), watching Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill with her boyfriend Jared (he actually enjoys them), and hanging out with her sister. Although she is passionate about journalism, she is unsure as to what she wants to do with it in the future but is interested in trying out different types of journalism.