Style

Six Style Swaps for Your Current Athleisure Faves

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

So you want to elevate your wardrobe…

With colder months approaching, we start reaching for our sweats more often. When I started shopping for the fall months, I realized just how many pieces can be as effortless and cozy as the comfy athletic clothes I choose on the daily. The key here is to act like these are the same (eventually, maybe, you just might believe it!) Plus, everyone is more productive when they wear outfits they love. Here are some easy swaps you can make while shopping this season to elevate your style without sacrificing comfort. And yes, that means no jeans.

Swap your sweats for sweaters!

Free People said it themselves: it’s the perfect staple. I have this sweater and can attest, I would pick it over a sweatshirt every. time.

It works for sweatpants too!

Try out these knit ones from Grey Bandit:

LOVE YOUR ALIGN TANK? Switch it up for some cotton ribbed tops.

Here’s me in a cotton tank from Abercrombie:

FIND YOURSELF REACHING FOR A ZIP-UP TO THROW ON? TRY A BUTTON-DOWN OVER THAT OUTFIT Instead!
ONESIES AREN’T JUST FOR WORKOUTS!

Try this one with a long sleeve under it or a sweater on top:

SWAP YOUR LEGGINGS FOr…well, LEGGINGS.

These are pretty much irreplaceable, BUT try out these faux leather ones to spice it up:

AND A BONUS NUMBER 7!

Thinking about smart technology, but don’t feel like you need the high-intensity workout tracking? An Oura Ring is the perfect disguise to track your steps, sleep, and temperature:

And just like that, your wardrobe will be not only comfy, but cute too! And as promised, no jeans.

Nina is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut studying communication. She loves fashion, black cold brew, and the beach.