Signs You’re Low Key Obsessed With TV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Ahh television.  From cable to Netflix and Hulu, it’s a huge part of everyone’s lives; but just how much do YOU love television?  Find out how TV-obsessed you are with these telltale signs.

1.    If your show is on you’re not going out.  (If by some miracle you do, you catch up as soon as you can.)

2.    You have a list of TV shows and what day they’re on, what time, and what channel so you can plan your week accordingly.

3.    When two shows are on at the same time you volley back and forth between channels but end up watching mostly commercials.

4.    You talk about the characters like you know them IRL.

5.    When an actor leaves a show, you feel like a loved one has died.

6.    You have a show for every day of the week.

7.    When someone tells you that you should watch a show but you’ve already seen every episode of every season.

8.    You’ve left assignments until the last minute so you could watch a new episode.

9.     Let’s be honest, you’ve left assignments until the last minute so you could watch re-runs too.

10.   If your show is ever unexpectedly rescheduled you lose your sh*t.

11.   Recap episodes are the bane of your existence. 

12.   The emotional hold some series have over you is inescapable.

13.   You get overly excited when you see an actor from one show pop-up on another one.

14.   You’ve had legitimate crushes on characters and not the actor who portrayed them. 

15.   You’ve attended a viewing party or two in your lifetime.

16.   Season finales are literally heartbreaking. *prays for mid-season breaks instead of full hiatuses*

17.   You don’t let on how much TV you actually watch to your friends because they’d think you were nuts.

18.   You follow your fav TV actors on Twitter and Insta (and maybe even a few show accounts too).

19.   You know all the buttons on the remote without having to look at it.

20.   You’ve dressed up as a TV character for Halloween or a convention.

21.   You’ve made friends solely because of your mutual love for a TV show.

22.   When a show gets canceled you don’t know what to do with yourself.

23.   You have a (or multiple) TV streaming app on your phone.

24.   When episodes aren’t available online, you bug out. 

25.   So you have a back-up (probably illegal) viewing site just in case.

26.   When people try to tell you you watch too much TV you get really defensive.

27.   If you can’t afford HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu, etc. you have a friend’s log-in info.

28.   The TV is always on as background noise even if you aren’t actively watching.

29.   You tweet to TV producers/networks/actors when you’re not pleased (even though your Twitter is on private).

30.   Your friends complain they never get to watch what they want to when you’re around.

31.   People that spoil episodes are the worst kind of people.

32.   Not watching TV for an entire day is a huge feat for you.

33.   You have strong opinions about the Food Network.

34.   When you sit down to watch an episode and you realize you’ve already seen it…

35.   You make your friends watch your show because someone needs to share in this obsession with you.

36.   Having your family complain the DVR is full because of you is a common occurrence.  

37.   You question your friends’ show choices.

38.   You ignore your friends when you hang out if your show is on.

39.   If someone’s watching a show you’ll watch it too even if it’s not a program you enjoy because, hey, TV.

40.   You’ve stayed up until ungodly hours of the night to watch a show on TV (or Netflix).

41.   If you accidentally miss a show, you legitimately get upset.

42.   You either love HGTV or hate it.

43.   Ashamedly, you can quote and sing along to commercials and often find yourself doing so.

44.   You’ve seen more late-night infomercials than is probably healthy.

45.   When you’re not watching TV, you’re watching YouTube videos.

Happy TV viewing collegiettes!

Let us know what your favorite shows are by tweeting us @UConnHC!

Cover Image Source

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.
Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.