Shoe Shopping for the Savvy Fashionista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s Monday. I have class from 9 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. and I’m running on low sleep from a journalism project that kept me up until 1 a.m. last night. Do I even need to spell out how bad this case of the Mondays is?

But today, I decided to make a quick stop at my apartment to make a snack before my dreadfully long 3 and a half hour evening film class (to make matters worse, the class is going to be in French. Helloooooo subtitles!) As I was grouchily nomming on some carrots sticks, suddenly there was a loud bang-bang-bang on my front door. I jumped up ready to tear the head off what I assumed was a door-to-door salesman when – sound the divine trumpets – I discovered it was the UPS man delivering my latest Shoedazzle.com purchase. I bought the shoes online almost two weeks ago and had completely forgotten about them. Talk about a perfectly timed pick-me-up in the middle of my afternoon slump!

The shoes are gorgeous, black faux suede heeled boots with ruching on the calf. An unknowing observer would never guess that I only spent $39.95 for these killer kicks (and paid $0 for shipping!). Since last January, I’ve been using Shoedazzle.com to keep my feet freshly fashioned without having to make the drive to the mall. It’s super convenient for a busy collegiette™ like myself and makes me smile every time the adorable pink shoebox arrives at my door.

It works by offering you a “showroom” of shoes, jewelry and handbags at the beginning of each month. You have a few days to pick which pair you’d like to order, or you can opt to “skip” the month and not be charged the $39.95. I have done this occasionally when I am not thrilled with the selection or have already maxed out my monthly shopping budget (I need help….).

A word of caution: make sure to look closely at the shoes before you order them, if the heel appears to be rigid, I can guarantee you will end up with a serious set of blisters. Since Shoedazzle uses faux materials to create their looks for less, I would suggest steering clear of their traditional heels. I have had success with their boots, flats, and sandal-stilettos. I even picked up a super adorable pair of Keds from the website for less than $20 (they sometimes have awesome promotions).

The picture above is my shoe collection today. Mixed in with well-known shoe brands such as Guess, Nine West, Aldo, Chinese Laundry and Bakers are six pairs of Shoedazzle shoes – can you spot the difference?

Happy shopping, Huskies! Cheers to well-heeled paws. 

Check out the Shoedazzle website here:
www.shoedazzle.com

My name is Ashley Dostie and I am the current Editor in Chief for the Her Campus branch at the University of Connecticut. I am a journalism and public relations double major and I am looking forward to expanding and publicizing this amazing online magazine come fall semester!