FAB3?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
FAB3?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
her campus media
Style > Beauty

Sephora Products That Are Worth The Splurge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

With new beauty products going live every day and endless options to choose from, it can be hard to keep up with the newest and greatest cosmetics. Sephora’s website, for example, carries over 100 different concealers. So how does one ever pick?

If you’ve been using the same powder or lip gloss since middle school but don’t feel like searching through hundreds of products, look no further. Here are a few products on Sephora right now that I, and Sephora’s customer reviewers, consider to be worth every penny.

makeup

milk makeup hydro grip gripping primer

4.1 ★ ($20-$38)

If you are at all into makeup, I’m sure you have heard of this primer by Milk Makeup. It is a dewy, translucent, and silicone-free primer, with skincare ingredients like aloe, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide, making it perfect for those with dry or combination skin. The name “hydro grip” describes this product perfectly, as it keeps skin dewy and makeup long-lasting. It is truly essential for cake-free makeup.

Buy it here!

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

4.3 ★ ($19-$49)

This product is extremely unique. Charlotte Tilbury said she created it to emulate the glowy and blurred effect of social media filters. It can be used alone, under foundation, mixed with foundation, or on top of foundation as a highlighter. It has light coverage and adds the most beautiful, youthful glow to the skin.

Buy it here!

Iconic London Sheer Bronze Liquid Bronzer

3.6 ★ ($27)

With the winter months creeping in, our summer tans are fading out. This liquid bronzer is sheer, lightweight, and oil-free so you can create that sun-kissed look while still feeling natural. I love how glowy and warm this product appears on the face, but without any fake-looking glitter that some similar products have.

Buy it here!

Haus Labs by Lady Gaga Concealer

4.6 ★ ($32)

Lady Gaga’s makeup brand, Haus of Labs, has blown up on social media — and for good reason. Her Triclone Skin Tech Hydrating + De-puffing Concealer has medium coverage, a natural finish, and comes in 31 shades. It is vegan and Clean At Sephora certified, with hydrating and plumping ingredients. But don’t take my word for it — the concealer has a 92% satisfaction rate and countless flattering reviews from customers.

Buy it here!

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.5 ★ ($24-$43)

Another cult favorite and major award winner — Laura Mercier’s Setting Powder. This lightweight powder comes in four shades and is amazing at setting makeup and controlling shine. The numbers speak for themselves — according to the Laura Mercier website, one powder is sold every 20 seconds!

Buy yours here!

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Matte Bronzer

4.1 ★ ($41-$58)

While this bronzer is definitely on the more expensive side, it feels appropriately luxurious. It comes in a gorgeous gold compact with a large mirror and pan that is big enough to last a lifetime. It comes in four shades and provides the perfect matte warmth.

Buy it here!

Rare Beauty Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter

4.3 ★ ($25)

The heart wants what it wants, and mine wants this highlighter. Winning “best powder highlighter” on Allure’s Best of Beauty list for 2023, Rare Beauty’s Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter is seriously, the moment. It comes in four beautiful shades and is made of 50% pearl micro shimmers that give the skin a gorgeous glass-like glow.

Buy it here!

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray

4.4 ★ ($23-$51)

This is another higher-end product that I keep finding myself repurchasing. Although it is expensive, it lasts for several months and definitely lives up to the name “flawless.” This setting spray is hydrating, alcohol and oil-free, and genuinely keeps your makeup on all night.

Buy it here!

Benefit Fluff Up Brow Flexible Brow-Texturizing Wax

4.3 ★ ($15-$26)

If you’re into the fluffy brow look, this product is for you. Acting as a sculptor and wax all-in-one, it sculpts, shapes, and locks brows in place while giving the appearance of a fuller, fluffy brow. It dries clear and holds your brows in place all day.

Buy it here!

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm

4.4 ★ ($24)

If you are on TikTok, you have probably heard of this tinted lip balm. It comes in seven different shades and they all smell (taste?) amazing. Another Allure Best of Beauty winner, this product is Clean At Sephora certified and has hydrating ingredients like shea butter. For $24 I wanted to hate it, but it has truly become a necessity in any bag I carry.

Buy it here!

Sephora Collection Outrageous Plumping Lip Gloss

4.1 ★ ($13)

It’s time to throw away our old Lip Smackers and Baby Lips and find lip products that are actually hydrating. This Sephora Collection lip gloss is one I buy again and again. It’s only $13, plumping without burning, and makes the lips look shiny and full.

Buy it here!

Tools

Sephora Collection Pro Bronzer Brush

4.8 ★ ($34)

This brush is game-changing. It is an extra-large, dome-shaped brush, with extremely soft bristles that sweep product over the face so effortlessly. The size of this brush makes bronzing the face fool-proof for users of all experience levels. And no shedding!

Buy it here!

Shiseido Eyelash Curler

4.4 ★ ($24)

Now you may be thinking, how is one eyelash curler different from another? I used to feel the same way — before I tried this one. Winning an Allure Best of Beauty award in 2018, this eyelash curler is loved by many. It has an edge-free design to prevent pinching, and a broad curve to curl every single lash. Unfortunately, this device does live up to its offensive price point.

Buy it here!

Goop G.Tox Ultimate Dry Brush

3.9 ★ ($25)

If you have never heard of dry brushing, it is an intensive exfoliation that clears dead skin cells, leaving the skin soft and illuminated. This one from Goop has a long handle that makes it super easy to use. Thanks, Gwyneth!

Buy it here!

Fragrance

Nest Madagascar Vanilla Perfume Oil

4.1 ★ ($35-$98)

If you love vanilla scents but want something a bit more mature than the “Warm Vanilla Sugar” you wore in middle school, you would love this Nest perfume oil. It is a warm and spicy scent that smells of vanilla bean, vanilla orchid, and coconut. It is the perfect scent for autumn, and the rollerball is another permanent passenger in my bag.

Buy it here!

L’Occitane almond oils

4.6 ★ ($12 -$52)

Last on my list are L’Occitane’s almond-scented shower and body oils. These are non-greasy, extremely hydrating oils that smooth and firm the skin. Although on the pricier side, this fragrance will have you smelling like a million bucks.

Buy shower oil here and body oil here!

Happy Shopping!

Now don’t get me wrong, I love drugstore beauty as much as the next girl. And while there are certain products, like mascara, that I will always buy from the drugstore, it’s also okay to treat yourself with a little splurge every now and then. So if you’re in the mood to indulge, try some of my favorite higher-end products from Sephora.

Annika is a junior at the University of Connecticut studying Communication.