This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

There’s a new hangout spot near campus! Pourhouse, located about five minutes off campus, is a restaurant and bar selling food and drinks. The bar also has live music with DJs and performances from local artists. Pro tip: guests are able to request songs by using a machine next to the bar!

Pourhouse hosts a variety of event nights, one of them being “name night.” The restaurant will send out a post via their Instagram account @pourhousestorrs, with a list of random names. If your name happens to appear on the list, you can go, bring your friends, and receive free drinks of your choice. Pourhouse also has many sales throughout the week on drinks, and occasionally offers $2-$3 shots (green tea shots are the absolute best, trust me). On Wednesdays, the eatery offers $2 mini pitchers; Can it really get any better than this? 

The prices of the alcoholic beverages are similar to the drink prices at Huskies and Ted’s.  Pourhouse gives off a rustic country vibe; the environment is very different from the bars on campus. Personally, I feel that Pourhouse has a more chilled-out environment; don’t get me wrong, people still party and dance, however, the overall mood is more calm and relaxed and there are more places to sit and sip casually on a drink if needed. If you need time to unwind from the stressful week but still want a fun night out, Pourhouse is the place for you. 

Overall, I personally love Pourhouse! The deals and games that they offer are exciting and engaging, and it is probably my top choice for bar night. Be sure to check out their Instagram page for more information! 

Hi! I'm Lilly, and I am a senior communications major at the University of Connecticut.