Phil Benoit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Name: Phil Benoit

Year: Junior

Hometown: Orono, Maine

Major: Pharmacy

Dream Job: Pharmacist/Sandwich Shop Owner

Describe yourself in three words: Adventurous, determined, hungry

Why did you choose UConn: Part of me really wanted to get out of Maine! The fact that UConn has one of the best Pharmacy schools in New England was a huge plus, too.  

Favorite study spot on campus: 2nd Floor of Homer

Favorite date spot on campus: Going for walks on Horsebarn hill. It’s cheap and sappy.  

What clubs are you involved in: Table Tennis Club, SnPha, KΨ pharmaceutical Fraternity

Leadership positions: Captain of the Table Tennis team

Biggest pet peeve: People who complain

Favorite Food: Apples

Celebrity Crush: Natalie Portman

It’s #ManCrushMonday, who do you choose: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

What is the most attractive to you in a significant other: Owns a puppy

What’s the best thing you’ve done at UConn so far: Getting accepted into pharmacy school… does that make me a nerd?

We heard you traveled around Europe this summer, so tell us about it! Me and three of my friends from high school spent 3 months backpacking this summer.  We started in Glasgow, Scotland and ended up flying home out of Rome.  Over the course of the summer we volunteered at several organic farms where we would exchange manual labor for food and shelter.  When we weren’t working on these farms we were staying at hostels in cities that were on the way.  

Favorite cities? Amsterdam, Prague, and Rome

Which country had the best food? To be honest we were really cheap about eating so we ate a lot of rice and pasta, but at the end of the trip we decided to go an expensive Italian restaurant which was by far the best food I had all summer.

Where did you have the most *PG* fun? The people we worked for in Wales also were the managers of a circus, so in our free time they gave us lessons on how to do circus stuff like trapeze and juggling.  I feel like I spent more time learning how to juggle than I did working there.