This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Thanksgiving is coming up quick and before you get to stuff your face in turkey and pie, you have to pick out the perfect outfit. Whether you like to get all dressed up or keep it casual, here are some ideas on what to wear this holiday. 

If you want to keep it laid back, you can still dress comfy and stylish. Just throw on a pair of your favorite jeans and a warm and comfy sweater. A simple black sweater can keep you looking chiche and if you spill on this day of feasting, wearing dark colors can help hide possible stains If your not feeling the black this year, you could always wear a sweater in your favorite print or go for a cable knit which has more subtle details. 

Not everyone is a denim lover, and I see how stuffing yourself and sitting in jeans is not ideal. If you were thinking the same thing then there are other options. 

Try throwing on pants that have an elastic waistband or an overall looser fit. That way, there is no chance you will pop a button. Also, if you go for a patterned pair, they can be the focus of your look. 

Now if your plans have you looking for something more dressy, here are some ideas.

A dress is an easy way to look put together yet still be comfy. Whether it’s patterned or plain, it’s an easy go to. The only problem with a dress is it can be kind of chilly for this time of year. If you live somewhere cold, you can add layers to your look to work with the weather. 

One option is layering a long sleeve or turtleneck under your dress. Another look can be layering a cardigan on top. That way it will keep you warm yet you could take it off inside if you get too warm.

If wearing a dress or skirt, one of my favorite ways to keep warm are tights. Tights come in all different colors, so you can pick out a pair and add some color or go for a staple black pair. If your feeling bold, you can try out a pair of printed tights. 

For shoes, boots are always a great option. Whether you decide on an ankle cut, thigh high, or something in between, boots are perfect for the autumn season. 

Finally, adding accessories can truly transform your thanksgiving look. A nice pair of earrings or a necklace can be small details but they can tie the look together. You could also try out layering some bracelets or go for a watch that compliments the outfit. 

If you don’t prefer jewelry, you could try on a hat or perhaps a scarf would suit your taste. 

The most important thing is to wear something you feel comfy and confident in. Happy Thanksgiving! 

Photo by https://burst.shopify.com/@matthew_henry?utm_campaign=photo_credit&utm_content=Picture+of+Large+Fall+Leaf+In+Hand+%E2%80%94+Free+Stock+Photo&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=credit”>Matthew Henry from https://burst.shopify.com/api-nature?utm_campaign=photo_credit&utm_c…”>Burst

Gabriella is a senior at UConn who is a double major in journalism and communications. She also is a member of a few on campus clubs such as Project Fashion and the Outing Club. In her free time she enjoys painting, photography, and watching movies!