Our Thoughts on ‘Fifty Shades Darker’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

February 10th was the night collegiates. It was the night that Fifty Shades Darker came out, and let me just say that it definitely was darker.

In this film, Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele are back at it again, and let me just say that they take you on a wild ride.

Jamie Dornan, who plays Christian Grey, was absolutely amazing. I mean, it’s kind of annoying how well he plays this character, and how beautiful his body is. We see a different side of Mr.Grey in this film; there’s more humor, more romance, and of course many more of those steamy scenes.

Dakota Johnson, who plays Anastasia Steele, was great too. In the first film, I wasn’t too sure if she fit the character, and when reading the books, I pictured someone completely different. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how perfect she was this time around. She was witty, sweet, sensual, and always had a smart comeback to put Christian in his place.

In this movie we meet many more characters, including Elena Lincoln, Jack Hyde, and Leila Williams. I wasn’t too fond of the woman playing Elena, not just because of the character, but I felt as if she was very dry. She didn’t have many emotions, and while she definitely looked the part, I felt like they could’ve chosen someone else.

On the other hand, the actors who played Jack Hyde and Leila Williams were perfect. They were exactly who I pictured for the characters, and each brought the perfect amount of angst to the film.

Now, if you are going to see the movie, one tip I have is STAY DURING THE CREDITS. I unfortunately did not, and found out that they play a sneak peek of the next Fifty Shades movie. Yes I said the NEXT FIFTY SHADES MOVIE!

Have fun watching collegiates!

Rating: 10/10

Cover Image Source

Sade is currently a senior at UConn, and is enrolled as a Human Development and Family Studies major. Sade enjoys binge-watching youtube videos, doing her makeup, and people who get her name right the first time meeting her (shah-day). Sade hopes to go into early education, preferably into teaching at a head start or birth-to-three center.