An Open Thank You Letter to the Man I Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It took a whlie to find you, but I’m sure glad that I did. Before you came along, I was used to being pushed aside, disregarded, and taken advantage of. I thought that I knew what true loves was, but I was wrong.  After spending endless days and nights with you, I learned that love was nothing like what I had thought it would be.

It is Facetiming for hours on end because neither one of us want to hang up the phone. It’s telling silly jokes and laughing at one another. It’s eight a.m. phone calls waking me up just to say good morning and force me to go to class. It’s cooking dinner for one another after a long day of work. Heck, it’s even bailing you out of jail (in Monopoly of course.) You taught me that love is willing to do anything for your partner. It is a selfless, infinite display of affection. Thank you for making me realize that.

You have made me feel wanted. Every word I say, whether it be what I had for lunch or my plans for the day, you seem to be enthralled by my words. I’ve never had someone who cares so much for me and appreciates me the way you do. Thank you for making me feel so important. 

I can’t imagine my life without you. I truly cherish our nights spent inside playing games and watching old movies. I love your goofy personality; the way you can make light out of any situation. Whenever I’m with you, I can’t stop smiling. Thank you for showing me how to have fun and laught at myself.

Whenever you surprise me with flowers or a special date night, I can’t help but think of how lucky I am. You treat me like the princess that I had always fantasized being as a young girl. I would have never imagined that one day these visions would come true. Thank you for making my childhood dream a reality.

It truly is funny how love can sneak up on you. Neither one of us were looking for it, but it sure did find us. I promise to appreciate you for the good and the bad. I promise to make your childhood dreams come true. I promise to never stop laughing with you. But most importantly, I promise to never stop loving you.

Thank you for showing me what true love is and for making me the happiest that I’ve ever been.