One Direction Can Take You to INFINITY & Beyond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This past Tuesday, the four-piece known as One Direction surprised their fans by announcing the release of their fifth studio album. Just 53 days after dropping Drag Me Down, the boys of One Direction announced the title of this album and gave an instant download of a brand new song to anyone who pre-ordered! The fifth album titled, Made in the A.M. will be the first full album released since Zayn Malik left the band in March. Rumors spread about One Direction breaking up, but Niall Horan denied the rumors by tweeting,  “Ok so Lots of rumours going round. We are not splitting up, but we will be taking a well earned break at some point next year.”

The four boys, Louis, Harry, Niall, and Liam, tweeted a video off of the band’s twitter account where they made the big announcement.  “Our new album called Made in the A.M. is available for pre-order today,” says Harry Styles before adding, “as a little treat, you can get album track ‘Infinity’ instantly.” 

The 4-minute ballad puts thoughts into words that apply any post-break up situation. The lyrics in the chorus could easily break your heart. Styles leads the chorus and sings, “How many nights does it take to count the stars?/ That’s the time it would take to fix my heart/ Oh baby I was there for you/ All I ever wanted was the truth.” (I mean, who on earth would want to break his heart?!) Make sure you listen to the soothing harmonies of Niall, Harry, Louis, and Liam below! 

Don’t forget to pre-order Made in the A.M. so you can get an instant download of ‘Infinity!’ Also, check out the band’s Spotify channel where you can listen to the song on repeat for hours!

Just a broke girl with a concert addiction.