This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Noah Kahan, although he has been in the music business for much of his adult life, has risen to fame in less than a year. It all started when his song “Stick Season” went viral on TikTok. He has gained so much popularity that his fans have called him “Folk Malone” and even “Harrier Styles.” His down-to-earth charisma and emotionally powerful songs have not only given him an immensely growing fan base but have also given him the opportunities to collaborate with some of the music industry’s most popular artists. This article will break down some of his most recently published (and unpublished) collaborations and their impact on the music industry (and my mental well-being).

Dial Drunk (Featuring Post Malone)

This song is his most popular collaboration with another artist in recent years. No one expected it but somehow everyone needed it. Noah Kahan really surprised us all with this one because his genre is so different from Post Malone’s yet somehow it works perfectly. Even before Kahan decided to collaborate with Post Malone, this was one of the most highly anticipated songs off of Noah Kahan’s highly anticipated Stick Season (We’ll All Be Here Forever). Everything about this song just makes sense. The harmonies, the raw emotion, and just the chemistry between the two of them make this song the bop that it is. It is simply iconic that “Folk Malone” got to sing with Post Malone in this poignant song about a dark time in Kahan’s life.

SARAH’S PLACE BY ZACH BRYAN (FEATURING NOAH KAHAN)

This song deserves more hype. This song is from Zach Bryan’s recently released EP, Boys of Faith. This song is a very relatable and melancholic yet upbeat song about learning how to carve your own path despite still yearning for a long-lost lover. This collaboration perfectly combines both styles of Noah Kahan and Zach Bryan in a way that makes this song so irresistible. Prior to listening to this song, I just knew that this song would have all the aspects of a masterpiece, and I was right. Noah Kahan and Zach Bryan are arguably the most popular up-and-coming folk artists at the moment, making this song a hidden gem that everyone should listen to.

She Calls Me Back (Featuring Kacey Musgraves)

This song is such a bop. Kacey Musgraves and Noah Kahan both have incredibly unique voices, making this such a fun song to listen to at any time of the day. I could listen to this song all day long and never get tired of it, it is such an iconic duo. It really fits any occasion and it is guaranteed to make everyone tap their feet to the beat. This is something I never knew I needed in my life but now I can’t picture my life without it. Kahan really knows how to keep his fan base on their toes and I love him for it.

Call Your Mom (featuring Lizzy McAlpine)

Screaming, crying, throwing up. I loved this song even prior to the collaboration but something about hearing the two of their voices together singing this song is so special to me. Literally altered my brain chemistry They both have so much soul in their voices, making the words of the song have even more meaning behind them. You can also really hear a more conversational aspect of this song because of Lizzy McAlpine and her verses. Lizzy McAlpine adds a whole new layer to this already emotionally charged song. Hearing this collaboration was life-changing in ways that I can’t even explain.

If We Were Vampires (Featuring Wesley Shultz)

This collaboration is every folk listener’s dream. Wesley Schultz, the lead singer of the Lumineers, and Noah Kahan sing this incredibly powerful song about the difficulty of being with someone you love while the inescapable feeling of death looms over you. Life and death are such powerfully beautiful topics, and this song is able to capture every emotion that comes along with loving someone. Although this is a cover of a song, Noah Kahan and Wesley Schultz’s voices pair perfectly together. It sounds like this song was written for them to sing together.

Not only has Noah Kahan collaborated with and published songs with other artists, but he has also collaborated with many artists on stage as well. Kahan is a mastermind, he knows just how to make his fans go crazy. His fans, including me, eat it up every time. These unpublished collaborations are just as amazing as his published collaborations and thanks to TikTok, everyone can enjoy these amazing performances.

Noah Kahan and Hozier perform “Work Song”
@noahkahanmusic

Cried before and after this because this man’s music has brought so much joy and inspiration to my life. Wouldn’t exist as an artist without his words. Thank you @Hozier #fyp #ironblossom #noahkahan #noahkahanmusic #noahkahanlive #hozierlive #hozier #stickseason

♬ original sound – Noah Kahan

Although I say this for every collaboration, this one is truly a masterpiece. This song needs to be studied in textbooks. This is my Roman Empire. Hozier is simply angelic and hearing his voice in concert with Noah Kahan is actually heaven. This is one of my favorite Hozier songs of all time so being able to hear both his voice and Noah Kahan’s voice singing this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. There are no more words that can be said to describe this treasure besides perfection.

Noah Kahan and Gregory Alan Isakov perform “Paul Revere”

This was another highly anticipated song from Noah Kahan’s Stick Season (We’ll All Be Here Forever) album. Hearing these two voices seamlessly blend together for a performance of one of my favorite songs of all time was life-altering in ways I can’t even describe. This song so beautifully describes finding a sense of place and belonging somewhere and how difficult it can be. Like most of his songs on Stick Season, this song evokes a very empty and nostalgic feeling in the listener. Noah Kahan describes feeling as though the very place that shaped him is the same place that he feels as though he can never leave despite having big dreams. I would have loved to see them perform this in real life but a girl can only dream.

Noah Kahan And Mumford and SOns Perform “Call Your Mom”
@tiffs_toks

“Call your mom” Noah Kahan w/special guests Mumford & Sons @ Austin City Limits weekend 2 😭😭😭 this performance wrecked me. when i say this song has saved my life i mean it. i have never cried at a concert before. #noahkahan #noahkahanmusic #callyourmom #noahkahantok #acl #acl2023 #aclweekend2 #aclfest2023

♬ original sound – tiffs_toks ✨

I thought hearing this song sung by Noah Kahan and Lizzy McAlpine would have been enough emotional damage but Noah Kahan had to collaborate with another amazing artist. Mumford and Sons is an iconic band that has been a part of the music industry for a while, making this collaboration another unexpected yet amazing choice by Noah Kahan. This was an amazing collaboration but at what cost? Noah Kahan’s songs are so emotionally draining but I am here for every moment of it.

Noah Kahan and Remy the Rat???
@lib.adams88

the crossover we all need but didn’t know we wanted #noahkahan #noahkahantampa @Noah Kahan

♬ original sound – libadams

Just like Remy controls Linguini in the movie Ratatouille, Noah Kahan controls my mental state.

Noah Kahan’s vulnerability in his music and his relatability in his performances help him connect with many fans around the nation. His kind heart and open arms are not only obvious to the fans but to other artists as well. His collaborations are strategically planned because he wants his music to reach the greatest number of people possible. He has seen how his music has impacted the lives of many and wants to continue this amazing work for as long as he can. Music is the glue that holds us together in times of despair.

Emily Markelon is the Twitter and Facebook Chair for the University of Connecticut chapter of Her Campus. She writes a wide range of articles about topics such as mental health, environmentalism and pop culture. She is a junior environmental studies and journalism double major. When she is not writing for Her Campus, she loves going on walks, listening to music, and journaling.