Nick Was So Savage on The Bachelor This Week and I Am Still Recovering

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

**Warning: spoilers ahead!**

After week 6, Nick sends home not one, not two, but SIX more women.  Just who did he vote off the island? Alexis, Josephine, Jaimi, Jasmine, Whitney and Danielle.

I don’t think anyone’s particularly surprised that Jasmine went home after her low-key temper tantrums and uncomfortably kinky convo with Nick (remember when she fake choked him?).

But as for the other women, I am so thrown!  Whether Nick is confused or discouraged or both, his decision to send so many women home so quickly may have some serious consequences for the rest of the season.

As the women prepare for the cocktail party, they are informed that Nick has decided to cancel and just have the rose ceremony instead.  He has apparently made up his mind about his feelings, but as the episode progresses, it becomes obvious that Nick has absolutely no idea what he is feeling.  Tragically Jaimi, Alexis, and Josephine do not receive a rose.  They will be missed.

After Nick, Whitney, and Danielle shared some yawn-worthy small talk on the beach during their two-on-one, Nick breaks off to talk to each of the women separately.  After a brief conversation with Danielle, Nick has already decided that Whitney has got to go.  He walks back over and breaks up with her.  He was very adamant that he just didn’t want to waste anyone’s time, but I’m pretty sure all Whitney heard was “he’s just not that into you.”  In his defense, he spent basically no time with her for the past five weeks, so I’m honestly surprised she made it this far.  She didn’t seem too torn up about it, so, neither are we.

Later, when Danielle and Nick are sharing some alone time at dinner and after an awkward conversation about “trust,” Dannielle drops the L-bomb.  Nick reacts just like anyone else would when someone says they are falling in love with you.  Naturally, he dumps her right then and there.  Real smooth, Nick, real smooth.

Thank goodness the group date went better. . . NOT!

As the episode concludes, Nick is overcome with emotion.  Being on a show where so many gorgeous women fall in love with you must be stressful.  He makes his way to the remaining women’s hotel suite to give them a depressing and confusing speech about how he may not want to be with any of them in the end.  I guess we’ll have to stay tuned!

Although his breakups with all these women this week were far from heartless (he cried A LOT), I think Nick may have been a tad irrational to cut his group of girlfriends in half so quickly.  Hopefully Corinne’s “platinum vagine” will cure him for week 7. . .

Cover Image Source