NBC Fall Premieres You Won’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of the year; fall is approaching and your favorite summertime TV shows are starting to wrap up.  The change in seasons, both calendar and network, often leaves people with a slight sense of abandonment, making them wonder which program will fill the empty hole in their television-loving hearts.  Fear, not!  NBC has an incredible lineup of fall premieres that will please every type of TV viewer.  These 5 shows are sure to entertain you throughout the upcoming months.

The Voice

A fan favorite since its debut in 2011, The Voice is back and better than ever for its 11th season.  Alicia Keys and Miley Cyrus will be joining veteran coaches, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine, marking the first time two women have sat in those red rotating chairs.  On August 21st, NBC gave viewers a sneak peak of the upcoming season with a special 20-minute episode complete with two jaw-dropping auditions and an Aerosmith tribute from all four coaches.  

While we’ll always miss Xtina, getting to hear Adam on those high notes is a refreshing change of pace that gives us goosebumps.  But Adam isn’t the only one with talent, just listen to Wé McDonald belt out her audition and Darby Walker give a unique spin to a classic song.  If this is any indication of the talent we’ll see on season 11, the competition is going to be tight.   Blake might also face a little competition himself with country-roots artist Miley Cyrus.  Miley may have branched out since her “Hoedown Throwdown” days, but we’ll have to see if the Tennessee-born singer will give ol’ Okie a run for his money with the country contestants.

Premier Date: Monday, September 19 at 8/7c on NBC

The Good Place

Kristen Bell and Ted Danson star in this fantasy sitcom about a woman who dies and mistakenly ends up in “the good place” after being confused for someone else.  Realizing that someone really “forked” up by sending her there, Eleanor Shellstrop (Bell), must decide whether or not to stay in the afterlife or try and find a way back to the life she had on Earth.  

This clean-cut comedy has viewers crossing their fingers for it to be as good as the title promises and with a cast like Bell and Danson, it looks like a recipe for success.  The show has even inspired a 30-day Do Good Challenge, encouraging fans to share their daily good deeds on social media using the hashtag #TheGoodPlace.

Premiere Date: Monday, September 19 at 10/9c on NBC   —  (** show will move to Thursday nights on September 22**)

This Is Us

Get ready for a flood of emotions.  This Is Us follows the lives of several people who share the same birthday along with so much more.  This moving, self-proclaimed “dramedy” has been highly anticipated by viewers and critics alike.  Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia, Justin Hartley, and Sterling K. Brown all play characters whose paths cross throughout the season to give the audience a unique perspective about the intricacies of relationships and human behavior.

The directors of Crazy, Stupid, Love just might have created NBC’s next big thing.  When such a relatable and thoughtful plot is accompanied by a star-studded cast, a hit-show is born.  This Is Us is a show about love, life, and family that will make you cry, laugh, and leave you wanting more.  

Premiere Date: Tuesday, September 20 at 10/9c on NBC

Superstore

Superstore is back for its second season starring Ugly Betty‘s America Ferrera.  This sitcom comedy produced by Justin Spitzer, writer for The Office, follows the daily lives of the employees at retail superstore Cloud 9 and all of their crazy antics.

For anyone who loved The Office, this sitcom is definitely for you.  If you’re not caught up on season one, you can watch it on NBC.com.  The season two opener debuted earlier last month and it’s enough to get you hooked for the rest of the season.  Superstore is the perfect show to sit down, relax, and have a good laugh to.

Premiere Date: Thursday, September 22 at 8/7c on NBC

Timeless

Science-fiction, history, and fantasy lovers rejoice; we have found the best new show for you.  Timeless is a science-fiction drama about a man who travels back in time to change the course of American history and the team who must stop him before it’s too late.  Can a history professor, a scientist, and a soldier stop him before the country is destroyed?  We’ll just have to wait to find out. 

With all the action packed into that two-minute trailer, we can’t wait to see what’s in store for the entire season.  If you love shows that keep you on the edge of your seat, Timeless will be your favorite new series.

Premiere Date: Monday, October 3 at 10/9c on NBC

What NBC show are you most excited for this fall?  Send us your thoughts on Twitter @UConnHC using the hashtag #NBCFallPremieres

Thumbnail Image Source

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.