Meet The President of Alpha Epsilon Phi: Rebecca Palma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Name: Becky Palma

Hometown: West Hartford, CT

Major: Pharmacy

What was your favorite part about first joining a sorority? 

Becoming best friends with my G-big! 

What is your favorite part now? 

I enjoy the connections within Greek life and Panhellenic. So, so many amazing people are part of UConn’s Greek community. Within AEPhi, I love being part of an organization that is full of smart, strong, and passionate women all with unique beliefs and goals. 

Your sorority is Alpha Epsilon Phi, can you tell us a little about your philanthropy? 

AEPhi is especially cool because we actually have two national philanthropies. One, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, is a non-profit organization started by Elizabeth Glaser in 1988 after losing her daughter Ariel to pediatric AIDS. We hold a kickball tournament in the Fall semester to raise money for EGPAF research and medical services. The other philanthropy AEPhi is nationally aligned with is Sharsharet, which is an organization that lends support to women with breast and ovarian cancer by linking individuals in different stages of the disease together. We put on a number of smaller events to raise money for Sharsharet throughout the school year, like Late Nights at the ville, tabling, bake sales, etc.

What made you want to take on the position of president? 

I wanted to be more involved in the executive decision-making process for the organization, learn more about our connection with the national office and be a spokesperson for my chapter’s opinions in regards to Panhellenic and Greek-wide issues. 

Why UConn? 

Because it’s the best place on Earth!

Other than AEPhi, what else are you involved in on campus? 

I’m a member of HerCampus as well as a member of Alpha Zeta Omega Pharmaceutical Fraternity. 

Check our more of Becky on her Instagram (@bpalms21) and her sororities Instagram (@aephiuconn)!!

All photos courtesy of Becky Palma.

Molly Claire is a Journalism and Communication double major at UConn. She has a weird thing for killer whales, is a Hufflepuff, probably watches way more reality tv than is recommended. Molly's guilty pleasures include Shawn Mendes, pasta, and sunglasses collecting. She is in her fourth year as a pescatarian, and sometimes even she forgets. Molly's favorite things to blog about include college, greek life, travel, and The Bachelor. Check out her personal blog here and her other social media @mollyclairexo on Instagram and Twitter.