This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Living in Husky Village or “the ‘ville” is one of the best advantages of being in Greek life. This circle of grey-blue on-campus fraternity and sorority houses definitely has a vibe that you can’t find anywhere else at UConn. Living there definitely has it’s ups and downs though…

1. Seeing pretty much every boy you have matched with on Tinder: This is especially sad when it’s in the early hours of the morning and you’re wearing a large Comfort Colors shirt and athletic shorts with your hair in a messy bun and no makeup…skrrt skrrt.

2. Befriending all of the fraternity males in the ‘ville: Friends with frat boys means getting the ~in~ for all their parties and even some invites to date nights if you’re lucky.

3. Waking up for a tailgate and only having to walk two feet out the door to the buses: Tailgate szn is one of the best szns at UConn even when it means you need to pregame earlier than you would wake up for class.

4. But… It takes 20 minutes to walk anywhere else on campus: You can get your daily workout of the day by just walking to class.

5. You still get Towers dhall without living in the crappy Towers dorms: The population of that dining hall is half freshmen and half Greek life.

6. When you finally get sick of the dining halls, you can cook for yourself in the kitchen that all the houses in the ‘ville have: Make sure you label your food though…there are thieves. 

7. Air conditioning: ‘nuff said.   

8. Having the beautiful view of Horsebarn Hill: UConn’s most scenic place on campus is just right across the street, a perfect place to go on a nice stroll through the farm or watch the sunset.  

9. You are in the prime location for attending everything Greek: Late nights, philanthropy events, recruitment…do I need to go on?

10. You get to live with 29 of your closest friends: The absolutely best part of living in the ‘ville is getting to bond with your sisters 24/7 and ALWAYS having someone to order D.P. Dough with or DJ your showers

Cover Image Courtesy of Anna Freeda