UConn Basketball Game
UConn Basketball Game
Original photo by Mairead Gillespie
Style > Fashion

Let’s Build A UConn Basketball Game Day Outfit

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Welcome back, UConn basketball! Considering the fact that the University of Connecticut currently holds the spot of #1 team in the nation, let’s have our game day outfits be just that. As college students, it’s important to spend wisely, and clothes are an extra expense most of us just don’t have room for. Below I’ve compiled a list of some great pieces I’ve found on Depop to save a little cash for another great season in the basket capital!

1) A staple Jacket

First up, a jacket! I personally think having a unique oversized jacket is an absolute need when it comes to UConn merch. It’s the perfect piece for any season, and you can match it with a good pair of jeans, a fun track pant, or a denim skirt! I absolutely love this vintage bomber style, a must-have for all UConn events!

2) Funky pants

Next up, a funky pair of pants. A style I’ve been loving recently is big old-school track pants, especially navy and white (UConn colors woo-hoo)! Jeans are always a go-to, but if you’re looking to switch it up and go for something a little more comfortable, then track pants are perfect. Another great pant option is a classic baggy cargo, a little bit of a different look than jeans. Grabbing them in navy or white would be perfect.

3) Solid Tops

Another must-have to build a game day outfit is a perfect top to wrap everything together. There’s definitely an endless amount of shirts when it comes to UConn spirit. A basic navy or white top is always a fallback but finding a vintage UConn T is definitely the way to go. This is another piece you can wear more ways than one, and you can always go the DIY route and make it your own! This old-school UConn T is actually perfect. Along the way, I’ve found great options at Goodwill, Savers, and the vintage pop-up shops that come to campus!

4) AccesSorize!

Absolutely no outfit is complete without a little something extra. Accessories are a must when it comes to game days. My personal favorites are a vintage baseball or flat-brim cap, and a pair of sunglasses! This specific hat is a bit pricey, but you can 100% find something very similar for a better price. A black or brown pair of sunglasses is also a must — the smaller frame and lenses are really popular right now and are such a great look. I found these awesome 90s Tommy Hilfiger wireframes, which are perfect for game day!

I hope these few items give you a little inspiration for you next game day fit. Go Huskies!

Gianna is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut studying Communication. She enjoys shopping, getting coffee, and taking pictures (mostly of her dog)! Gianna enjoys writing about anything from fashion, to music, or relatable lifestyle content specifically for college aged women. In her future Gianna hopes to start a career in public relations and/or marketing. She has always had a passion for writing and believes that HerCampus is an incredible outlet for other women with the same passion! In her free time Gianna loves spending time with friends, staying active, and taking millions of sunset pictures.