This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

If you’re anything like me, it’s not the frigid weather and fall fashion you’re worried about in the upcoming months. For me, it’s watching the perfect summer tan that I worked so hard on throughout the summer fade away. After spending your days in the sun, it’s heartbreaking to watch your hard work fade away with the memories of summer.

But as your glowy tan fades and the weather gets cooler, there’s no need to fear. Many affordable products can help keep your tan year-round. So, what are the best products to keep us bronzed through the winter?

1. Tanologist Express Tanning Mousse

Whether you’re looking for the darkest bronze possible or just a light glow, I’ve found that the Tanologist Express Tanning Mousse works the best with not only my schedule but also my wallet. You can purchase the Tanologist Express Self Tan Water Mousse which applies clear and will develop over time, or you can purchase the Tanologist One Hour Express Self Tan Mousse, Extra Dark that goes on super dark, but develops in one hour.

I find the water mousse very convenient for zero transfer and subtle results, while the Extra Dark produces the darkest results if left on for as long as possible or overnight. You can apply these mousses with tanning mitts or gloves, and you’ll go from pale to sunkissed in as little as an hour. These last up to a week and I find they don’t fade as quickly as other cheaper brands. These retail for about $17.00—$30.00 on Amazon, so they are perfect for those of us on a budget compared to some of the other high-end brands, but you also can find these mousses at Walmart, Target, and sometimes Walgreens or CVS. 

2. Loving Tan Face Tan— Dark

Of course, we can’t have our bodies bronzed but our faces without glow! I found that Loving Tan Deluxe Face Tan, Dark works perfectly for subtly bronzing up our faces without clinging to dry patches or separating through our natural face oils. You can wear this under makeup, but I prefer to apply a small amount on my face after lightly moisturizing at night and waking up bronzed! I would recommend applying this every other night throughout the week to keep up the bronze, as we tend to exfoliate our faces clear of makeup and dirt by the end of the day, taking our beautiful bronze with it. This retails for about $32.00 on Amazon, but you can also purchase this at your nearest Ulta Beauty. 

3. Physician’s Formula Murumuru butter bronzer

Not all of us love to wear makeup, but if you’re looking for that perfect bronzed look, I would recommend applying at least a bronzer before heading to class to add just a bit more of a natural glow to your routine. I love using the Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer shade, Endless Summer every day with or without my daily base makeup, just to add that extra pop of bronze. This bronzer smells just like coconut sunscreen and it applies almost as soft as a cream to the skin. You can use a Beauty Blender to blend it out or apply. This bronzer works perfectly to touch up a fading self-tan around your neck or chest as well. This retails for about $10.00 on Amazon, but I have also been able to find it at any drugstore. 

4. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Glotion

The L’Oreal True Match Lumi Glotion is one of my all-time favorite products to use through the winter months to match my full-body self-tan. You can apply this with your fingertips all over your face, then apply makeup on top. It adds such a natural glow to your base and brings warmth back to your skin. I also love to apply this on my neck, chest, and shoulders when wearing tank tops or v-neck tops, just to add an extra glow on top of my tan when going out at night, or even just for class. This two-pack retails for about $30.00 on Amazon and it’s so worth it. You can also find this at your nearest drugstore.

5. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer

Now this duo is hard to live without. Drying, cold air and self-tanner are not the best combination— but don’t worry, there’s a solution! After rinsing off your self-tanner, follow up with Jergens Daily Moisturizer. This will naturally enhance your tan with each coat, as it adds natural-looking color throughout the day. By day five, your tan will still look flawless! Use the Natural Face Glow Face moisturizer on your face alone or under makeup to enhance your face tan as well! These moisturizers are not only extremely moisturizing for dry skin, but they also enhance our glow! This duo retails for about $19.00 on Amazon, or you can find them at your nearest drugstore. 

Happy shopping!

Tabitha is a sophomore at Uconn majoring in Journalism, hoping to minor in American Sign Language. She is planning on becoming a journalist, concentrating in magazine writing for the fashion and beauty industry. Tabitha loves to write, go to the gym, and spend time with friends in her free time.