John Mayer Releases First New Music in Three Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

John Mayer, everyone’s boyfriend, has finally released new music! Mayer’s latest album before his newest song was Paradise Valley which came out in 2013. After that, he took some time off from his solo career and toured with Dead & Company. Mayer’s latest song “Love on the Weekend,” was released this past Thursday.

“Love on the Weekend” has the same classic JM sound that we all know and love. It sticks to the most soft rock, early-morning-songs side of John Mayer opposed to his blues and jazzy side. The lyrics are meaningful as always with lines like “It’s a Friday, we finally made it // I can’t believe I get to see your face” and “Love on the weekend // Like only we can.”  

This song is a teaser for his upcoming album. Although there’s no release date for what will be his seventh studio album, we are hopeful it will be soon. Mayer took some time to do a Facebook live broadcast to talk to fans and discuss the newest hit. Mayer spent around 20 minutes talking to fans about his experiences, previous albums, and his most recent ventures.

“Love on the Weekend” definitely gets our stamp of approval. We’re all hoping for new tour dates and songs soon and are so happy that John Mayer is back.

Cover Image Source

Alexis Angelini is a fourth-year student studying English and Communication. When not working as a Social Media Content Producer, Alexis is heavily involved on campus. She currently serves as the President of UConn Yoga Sangha, the Marketing Director of Her Campus UConn, as well as a Peer Educator in S.H.A.P.E. Her love and interest for social media is reflected in her experience, as she has worked with brands such as Aerie, Rent the Runway, Hallmark, Neutrogena, The Economist, Uber, etc. Her social media experience has helped start-ups to Forbes-featured businesses to Fortune 500 companies with their social media.