This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

We made it! The final stretch to spring break is here. With just under a week, to go it’s time to start packing! I for one am a textbook definition of an over-packer, but you really never know what you might need! Below I’ve compiled a list of my favorite clothing items I will be packing for this spring break!

Cute Suits

My absolute favorite part of spring break is always going to be the warm weather and the beach, of course. New suits aren’t always a must but it’s always a little reward to pack a new one you love. I’ve recently been on the hunt for affordable matching bikinis, which seems to be impossible. I do love a good matching swimsuit, but $60 dollars for a top and a bottom isn’t going to cut it! I’ve recently been loving Strawberry Milk Mob and Bright Swimwear for more affordable options, and the plus of adorable options to choose from. Along with these, I’ve been loving Target for their basic triangle tops — a plus is they’re always having a sale. I grabbed this top and bottom combo in basically every color they have…$12 is such a steal!

Shoes and more shoes

When it comes to packing for a trip I always struggle when it comes to footwear. Traveling with multiple pairs of shoes is always tricky, and of course, depends on where you’re going. I personally think having a solid running sneaker, more dressy sneaker, and sturdy pair of flip flops is all you need. A plus is you only have to pack up two there and back of course!

Versatile Shirts

A shirt you can style more ways than one is always ideal when trying to shove everything into your suitcase. Personally I love basics, whether that’s a solid tank or T-shirt. They’re a must when traveling, you can always pair with a pair of jean shorts for a more casual look or a fun skirt and sweater for dinner. My favorite spots for basics are Brandy Melville and Target (they are much more budget friendly)!

Sweaters… Just in case

I know mostly everyone is heading to a warmer climate for break, but it’s still only March! You never know when it’ll get a little chilly, especially at night. A cozy cardigan or pull-over is a necessity when on vacation. I absolutely adore this Free People sweater, I think it would be so perfect for dinner or to cozy up for a sunset stroll. Unfortunately it is much more on the pricey side, this one from H&M is just as cute and a much more savvy spend.

Sunscreen Please!

On a completely unrelated to clothing note, the most important item to pack this break is sunscreen! Protecting your skin after not being exposed to the strong sun since summer is a must. I’ve never been a fan of the classic face sunscreen sticks, given the fact they’re extremely greasy. A favorite that was recommended by my dermatologist is the La Roche-Posay Anthelios face sunscreen. I’ve been using this product for the past three summers and I 100% recommend it, it’s not greasy and doesn’t clog your pores. Another favorite that I have yet to try is the Supergroup Glowscreen with SPF 40. Not only does this product protect your skin, but it also offers a light coverage. It is the perfect product to bring on vacation when you don’t want that heavy feeling of concealer or foundation.

Well, that’s it, my packing list for this spring break! I hope this helps you all pack a solid suitcase this week. Be safe and enjoy!

Gianna is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut studying Communication. She enjoys shopping, getting coffee, and taking pictures (mostly of her dog)! Gianna enjoys writing about anything from fashion, to music, or relatable lifestyle content specifically for college aged women. In her future Gianna hopes to start a career in public relations and/or marketing. She has always had a passion for writing and believes that HerCampus is an incredible outlet for other women with the same passion! In her free time Gianna loves spending time with friends, staying active, and taking millions of sunset pictures.