The Internship Search Process, as told by Lizzie McGuire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Finding a summer internship can be stressful, nerve-wracking but eventually rewarding.  To illustrate the process, we turn to our old friend Lizzie McGuire to give us a little explanation.

In fall semester, your parents already start nagging you about finding an internship for the summer.

But they’re definitely right.  You need the experience, and another summer working as a lifeguard or waitress in your hometown doesn’t sound too appealing…

So it’s decided- You are going to rock an amazing internship this summer!

So you decide to get a head start, and get all wrapped up in the possibilities.  Pretty soon, your head is swimming with a million companies you want to apply to.

What do you even want to do with your life?

You start thinking about what to put on your resume to make them want you.

But all this searching has got you tired, so the actual applications will have to wait for another day. 

Then before you know it, it’s spring semester already! Better get applying!  #STRESS

It seems like an eternity has gone by and no one has returned any of your emails.

After a while, you start to think that maybe your dream internship just isn’t going to happen…

You finally hear back and get an interview! You’re ecstatic, but wait, what does business casual mean anyway?

You think your interview went well, but then you start thinking of all the other people that probably applied and start doubting yourself.

But then the phone rings, and they tell you that you got the internship! Nothing can stop you now!

Best of luck with whatever your summer plans are, collegiettes! 

[cover image source]

Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.