The Inner Monologue of a UConn Student on a Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Waking up a rainy day to go to school is probably one of life’s hardest challenges.

Leaving a warm bed to face an unforgiving monsoon, getting trench-foot and smelling like the wet Huskies we are by the end of the day is not the easiest thing to endure. However, with three weeks left of the semester, Her Campus Huskies are braving this rain day and we have some thoughts.

“A lot of people are probably going to skip today, so parking should be okay.”

Evidently not! Every spot within walking distance to the center of campus is filled, so to W-Lot we go.

“At least the busses will keep me dry.”

Wrong again, considering every seat on the Blue Line was covered in water, and the ceiling leaks onto your clothes and backpack for the entire ride. Not to mention, when 50 students are packed onto the bus like sardines, it’s hard not to have someone’s wet jacket touching you.

“Hopefully class today is worth catching pneumonia.”

Arriving to class for 9:05 and getting a cancellation email at 9:06… disappointed is an understatement.

“April showers bring lots of questions about why I hate myself enough to choose to live in New England.”

It was 70º like three days ago.

“May Flowers? Think again. Snow’s on the forecast for next weekend.”

My positivity is running thin.

“I’m cold, I’m wet, I’m upset. I’m cold, I’m wet, I’m upset. I’m cold, I’m wet, I’m upset.”

I could be thirty, flirty and thriving but instead, I can’t even pull my pants down in the bathroom because they are frozen to my skin.

“The gods have spoken and it seems to me they want me to skip class.”

It just isn’t happening.

“When you play the game of Storrs, you win or you walk (in the rain).”

As a UConn bus splashes you with a puddle.

“I literally look like a rat that almost drowned in a sewer.”

Good thing I didn’t bother styling my hair today.

“I can not wait for summer.”

Hang in there UConn, we’ll get there someday!

Cover Image Source

Chelsea is a senior undergraduate at the University of Connecticut. She is pursuing a degree in Digital Media & Design with a concentration in business strategies, as well as a minor in Communications. She holds one of the Marketing & Design chairs for her school's chapter of Her Campus.