This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and the struggle of finding the perfect date night outfit is too real. It doesn’t matter if you’re planning a romantic evening with bae, or a Galentine’s movie night with your best friends, there’s no better way to show your Valentine’s spirit than adding a pop of red to your outfit.

If you want to wear red head-to-toe, go for it. You do you, girl. But if you want to be festive without going over the top, here are some simple, subtler ways to pull of wearing red this Valentine’s Day.

Red Lipstick

Whether you rock a red lip on the reg or you’re new to the bold lip-color scene, Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion for it. This look is timeless, and I’m a firm believer that anyone can pull it off- you just have to find the shade that works for you. Some of our faves include Revlon’s ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout, Mac’s Viva Glam3, Burberry’s Lip Velvet in Military Red, and Tarte’s Tarteist Lip Paint in Bae.

Red Nail Polish

Nail polish is one of the easiest ways you can add a pop of color to any outfit. Just like red lipstick, there are countless shades of red nail polish you can choose from so find your favorite and rock it. Hey, why not show yourself some love this V-Day and treat yo’ self to a mani/pedi? You deserve it. Red nail polishes we love: OPI in Big Apple Red, Maybelline’s Rich in Ruby, and Essie’s Jag-u-are.

Red Statement Jewelry

Sometimes all you need is a good necklace or earrings. Just keep the rest of your outfit neutral and let one piece of red jewelry be the focus point. 

Red Shoes

It’s no secret that shoes are a girl’s best friend, and it shouldn’t be any different on Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re keeping it casual in jeans and flats or dressing up a LBD with platform pumps, throw on your favorite pair of red shoes and you’ll be good to go.

Red Lingerie

If there’s ever a day to break out the sexiest underwear you have, it’s today. Whether you’re celebrating the holiday in style with your significant other or you’re the only one who’s going to see it, you deserve to feel like a million bucks.

If none of these red options are quite your style… there’s always red wine!

Happy Valentine’s Day, collegiettes!