This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Girl, you’re thinking waxing, shaving, plucking, threading or hair removal cream? Let me give you the rundown.

1) Waxing

Waxing can be sooo rewarding but also sooo painful. The hair does grow in thinner, making it easier to keep up with, but the first wax is a doozy. However, you can take an ibuprofen prior and it will help relieve the pain.  You’ll also want to wear loose clothing when getting a wax for afterwards.

2) Shaving

Shaving too often can cause razor bumps. Been there, done that, and don’t want to go back. NEVER DRY SHAVE. Always moisten the skin with warm water before shaving to soften the hair. Conditioner can be used as an alternative for shaving cream.

3) Threading

Threading is an alternative to plucking if you are allergic to wax or just tired of it. Waxing can also damage the elasticity of skin; after many uses, skin will begin to fall.

4) Hair Removal Cream

Hair removal cream like Nair is awesome because it doesn’t cause razor bumps! Nair has saved my legs time and time again. It’s quick and painless. However, be cautious if you have super sensitive skin.

5) Plucking

Plucking can be painful, but boo, you do what you gotta do. Last minute touch ups are fine, but other than your eyebrows, don’t pluck anywhere else.

6) Eyebrow Razor Blades

These will become your best friend because they removes hair painlessly and are a great way to remove a subtle mustache.

The choice is yours, find the method that works for you!

Cover Image Source