This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Now that December is here, it’s time to jingle those bells and get into the Holly Jolly spirit! Here are 5 easy ways to get yourself into the holiday spirit!!

1. Christmas Music

Mariah Carey isn’t in hibernation until November 1st for nothing. Christmas music is one of the best ways to get into the Christmas Spirit. So many of our favorite artists have done funky renditions of Christmas classics, so there’s a song for everybody. Not only can you listen to Christmas music, but you can also sing it whether it’s in your car by yourself, or caroling to friends and family. Some of the best Christmas music is by the infamous Pentatonix, Michael Buble, and of course our girl, Mariah Carey. So head to your favorite music app and download some rockin Christmas Jams to listen to throughout the months of November and December. 

2. Christmas Movies

Just like music, Christmas movies are essential when it comes to the Holidays. There are so many to chose from, and there is one for everyone. You can watch Elf and laugh your ass off or watch The Polar Express and get into your childhood feels real fast. During the month of December ABC Family plays Christmas Episodes of our favorite shows and Christmas movies, all day everyday. So grab your hot cocoa, start a fire, and snuggle under a warm blanket with friends and family and watch your favorite Christmas movie classics. 

3. Baking 

Nothing is better than making homemade Christmas cookies to share with friends and family. Walking into your kitchen and smelling freshly baked gingerbread cookies is like heaven on earth! I don’t know about you, but using gingerbread men, or snowflake cookie cutters makes the cookie taste 100% better. One of my favorite parts about the holidays is when my friends and I get together and have a Christmas cookie swap party. We all wear Christmas PJs and share our Christmas cookie yumminess.

4. Decorating

This has to be the best part of the holidays. Going to the Christmas Tree farm with your family and picking the best tree and going back to decorate it is what Christmas is all about. Having the house decorated from head to toe with lights, tinsel, and cute ornaments is the best way to bring in that holiday spirit. The day after Thanksgiving my family and I grab all of the Christmas decorations and decorate the entire house together. Doing it early is the best because you get to enjoy the sight of Christmas for as long as possible. 

5. Shopping

Christmas shopping begins right at the beginning of November. Any store you walk in, it’ll look like Christmas threw up in it. Of course Christmas isn’t all about the gifts, but it feels so good to buy presents for your loved ones and make them feel merry and bright. Not to mention the deals and sales during the holiday season are FIRE! So get your debit card ready for black friday and cyber monday madness!

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals. 

Photo by https://burst.shopify.com/@matthew_henry?utm_campaign=photo_credit&utm_content=Browse+Free+HD+Images+of+Cookies+And+eggnog+For+Christmas&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=credit”>Matthew Henry from https://burst.shopify.com/happy-holidays?utm_campaign=photo_credit&u…”>Burst

Sam is a junior at UConn as an elementary education major, and she loves every second of it. In her free time you can see Sam listening to music, working out, or watching anything and everything on Netflix. Sam is so excited to have the ability to share her voice among other bad ass college women!