In Honor of Kim and Kanye’s New Baby Here Are The Weirdest Celebrity Baby Names

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West welcomed their baby girl on January 16, 2018! The couple announced the news in a post on Kim’s website. Three days after the birth, the famous duo announced their new daughter’s name via Kim’s app, letting the whole world know they had named their new daughter Chicago (nicknamed “Shy”). This should be no surprise especially coming from the people who named their first two children North and Saint. So in honor of Kimye’s new arrival, we’ve found some other crazy celebrity baby names for you to enjoy!

1. Kal-El – Yeah this is no joke. Apparently Nicolas Cage thinks his son is Superman.

2. Apple – She is the oldest child of Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay’s Chris Martin. Now, allegedly this name was a biblical choice…but aren’t there prettier names in the bible that aren’t also fruit?

3. Cricket – Busy Phillips loves animals so much she named her second daughter after a bug. Her first daughter is named Birdie, so she gets a slight pass on that one…but Cricket?  Really? Aren’t there cuter animals out there?

4. Zuma Nesta Rock – Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale really went all out for this one, huh? 

5. Dream – Little Chicago is going to have some really tough competition in the weird name category thanks to Uncle Rob Kardashian.

6. Reign – Yeah, you thought only one member of the extended Kardashian “Klan” was getting on this list? Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick may have made some smart choices naming their first two kids Mason and Penelope, but they really dropped the ball on this last one.

7. Pilot Inspektor – I know what you’re thinking, and no, I promise that’s not a typo. That is actually what Jason Lee decided to name his kid.

8. Prince Michael Jackson II. AKA “Blanket”- The weirdest baby name award might have to go to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson himself. Yeah, I’m just gonna leave this one here and let’s all hope this kid gets his name legally changed once he’s old enough.

Cover image link