Holiday movie classics for us 90s kids

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Okay, so I’m sure there are a ton of older Christmas movies, but the most memorable for us 90’s kids are the ones we grew up watching.  Get your holiday nostaliga on with these holiday picks.

1) Mickey’s Christmas Carol

Listen, I know it was made in the 80s but I can’t pass this one up. What can I say, we’re Disney kids.

2) The Santa Clause

The first one just has such a great plot. I mean who in their right mind comes up with the idea to scare Santa and replace him on Christmas? It’s genius.  You’d have pretty big pants to fill… literally.

3) Fred Claus

This one’s a must if you want a comical classic.

4) The Polar Express

I for one found it kind of eerie the first time I watched it, but it’s grown on me. Do you still hear the bell?

5) The Nightmare Before Christmas

A mashup of the best two holidays?! Shall I go on?

6) Jack Frost

This one tore us up as kids.  “He’s the world’s coolest dad.” *sobs*

7) Home Alone 1 & 2 

These are the only Home Alone movies that exist.  Three, four, and five? I’m sorry I don’t know what you’re talking about. 

8) Christmas With The Kranks

Another holiday comedy you don’t want to miss.

9) How the Grinch Stole Christmas

The Jim Carrey one, not the cartoon one.

10) National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

If you’ve never seen a National Lampoon movie are you even a 90s kid?

11) Elf

This is a classic on any list.

12) Love Actually

The ultimate holiday rom-com, AND the actors are British.  We all wanted a romance like Sam and Joanna’s.

13) A Christmas Story

This is one of the most underrated holiday classics.  It made us all afraid we’d shoot our eye out.

Cover Image Source