andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Holiday Gift Guide 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s almost that time of the year again! The time where there will be tons of time to spend with your family and loads of food. Along with food and family come gifts! The past years I have always struggled with what to get whom. After years of practice, I believe I finally have an overall idea what an ideal gift would be for everyone in my family.

Mothers. Usually what I got my mom in the past was clothes mainly because she hates shopping so I basically do it for her. Weird right? She also loves to cook and keep the house looking and smelling pretty.

·      Bath and Body Work’s Candles (Retail: $22.50)- There are so many different scents and there is usually a deal for 2 for $22 during the holidays.

·      L.L. Bean Slippers (Retail: $49.95)- Everyone needs slippers during the cold weather. It would be a very useful gift.

·      Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland (Retail: $56.00)- Mother’s love keeping their skin healthy and glowing. Great gift set that can create a new love for an amazing product that she can buy full size later.

·      Keurig Cappuccino and Latte System (Retail: $ 199.99)- A pricey gift for the mother that loves her cappuccinos! This is what my mom asked for Christmas!

Fathers- My dad is pretty simple. Just like any other dad, he’s the handy man in the house. He also loves his car so that gives me ideas.

·      The Art of Shaving Starter Kit (Retail: $25.00)- A useful gift from a quality company. Unlike any other products your dad will ever use!

·      51 Piece Screwdriver Set (Retail: $9.88)- For those handy man dads that can always use more tools to add to their collection.

·      Gingham Shirt (Retail: $69.50)- Great staple piece for any male’s closet! You can even get it monogrammed for an additional $10!

·      Seiko Core Leather Strap Watch (Retail: $195.00)- Every dad needs a great leather watch.

Boys – Whether that means your brother or your boyfriend, they are pretty difficult…like always. There’s a range of types of gifts you could get them. Anything from video games to clothes but they would probably prefer something ‘fun’.

·      Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Retail: $59.99)- The new COD game that just came out for his preferred system whether it be the PS4 or XBOX One.

·      Illuminated Dancing Water Speakers (Retail: $14.19)- My brother has these and he loves them! Fun gift for the music fanatic.

·      Graham iPhone Case (Retail: $39.00)- Leather case with slots for cards and money. You can also get it monogrammed!

·      Malachite and Gold Rocks Glasses (Retail: $25.00)- Fun addition to their kitchen. Looks very vintage and great quality for the price.

·      Jawbone Fitness Band (Retail: $129.00)- This would be for the fitness junky or the one that has fitness goals they want to meet!

·      PlayStation 4 (Retail: $399.99)- The ultimate gift for any guy. The precious PS4 that people are going after!

Girls – That can be your sister or your girlfriends. Girls are pretty easy! We love everything!

·      Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip (Retail: $25.00)- Nice set of popular high end lip product every girl would appreciate!

·      Eat Cake for Breakfast Mug (Retail: $20.00)- Who wouldn’t want something form Kate Spade! Great price for such a cute gift.

·      As Good As Gold Bracelet (Retail: $10.00)- Such a cute dainty bracelet to stack!

·      Monogrammed Necklace (Retail: $80.00)- Every girl needs to own a monogrammed necklace. There are the options of silver, gold and rose gold.

Hopefully this has helped you a little or at least guided you in the right direction. There is so many more gift option for various price points. This was just an overview of possibilities. Happy shopping!