Here’s Where Your Next Dinner Spot In Miami Should Be: Sexyfish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Whether you are visiting Miami to soak up the warm, sunny weather or a rising senior in high school visiting the University Of Miami, I am here to tell you where you should book your next reservation for dinner tonight. Want to know where Drake had his glamorous, oceanic-themed party in Miami for his 36th birthday? Then I advise you to go to Sexyfish. I think everyone should try it at least once if they’re in Miami (maybe you will run into Lady Gaga, too!).

I first went to Sexyfish with my sister Olivia in November of last year when we were in Miami for the weekend. I instantly fell in love with it and I cannot wait to go back again when I am back in Miami with my mom. Everything about it is just so cool. The food, the drinks, the dessert, the menus, the table, and most importantly, the oceanic-themed atmosphere.

Mouthwatering meals

Typically, I don’t reach for sushi or seafood that much but this place was great. We ordered the spicy edamame for an appetizer. This was really good in my opinion because I am a fan of edamame but I don’t like things too spicy. It was just the perfect amount, and thankfully my mouth wasn’t on fire after a couple of bites. An additional appetizer that we had ordered was the wagyu dumplings and for our meals, we ordered the fried rice and skewers. All I can say is it was 10/10 — it was delicious and we both enjoyed eating it all.

Delicious drinks

Disclaimer, I am not 21, but all I can say is that the alcoholic drinks looked so good. When I first went, they had a huge drink menu with photos and images of all of the drinks they offer. They have a bunch ranging from marshmallow to raspberry, to chocolate and strawberry, and even coffee and toast flavored.

Last but not least, DESSERT

I have a sweet tooth. Let’s be real: almost everyone does, especially after salty food. Honestly, my favorite part aside from the entrees was the dessert. My sister and I ordered the ice cream bowl and we got to pick three flavors. The three flavors we chose were bubblegum, milk chocolate caramel, and praline. The bubblegum was my favorite because it was so different from other ice creams I’ve had. It was super sweet and it tasted just like a fresh roll of Bubble Yum. Lastly, we ordered the vanilla bean cheesecake. I thought the cheesecake was really good and it did have a hint of vanilla bean. The ice cream and cheesecake were probably the best of the things we ordered.

It’s All in the details

Something that I really appreciated when I was there was the details of the dinner table. Not only is the whole restaurant decked out in everything ocean-themed ranging from sharks, fish, and mermaids, but when you first sit down there is a lamp that is covered with a bunch of seashells, along with a napkin that has a figurine of a small fish. On the back of it says “stolen from Sexyfish.” I really thought that the details of everything were remarkable, as well as all of the waiters being dressed up in blue suits and dresses.

The bathrooms

You are going to call me crazy for this but yes, their bathrooms are Instagram-worthy. Most bathrooms are not worthy of getting all dressed up in high heels and a dress, but this one most definitely is. If you’re going to eat here you should be getting fancy and taking pictures. Why wouldn’t you, I mean look at it!

overall thoughts

If you’re in Miami right now, go to this restaurant. It truly makes you feel like you are having dinner under the sea, so call them right now and book your reservation before they fill up! Overall I give this restaurant a 10/10 for the great food and atmosphere and I highly suggest going!

Alyssa Naioti is a rising sophomore at the University of Connecticut. She is from Purchase, New York and plans to major in journalism with a minor in communications. Alyssa has a love for writing, including things such as makeup, wellness, pop culture, and entertainment. In the 2024 academic year, Alyssa Naioti was honored as the winning 'All Things Beauty Expert' by Her Campus UConn chapter, showcasing her passion and dedication to the beauty industry.