yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Here Are 5 Lip Shades You Need This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As the leaves start changing colors and pumpkin flavored everything takes over, fall is officially announcing its grand return. For summer lovers, it’s the worst news ever, but for us autumn lovers, it’s what we have been waiting for these past few uncomfortably warm months! With the change of the weather, not only does our wardrobe change, but so does the makeup we use. Here are the top FIVE lip colors you NEED in your makeup bag this upcoming season:

1) Blackmail by Urban Decay

If you’re looking for a sultry, vampy shade, look no further! Urban Decay’s Vice Lipstick line carries the perfect shade. The shade called ‘Blackmail’ is the definition of fall. It’s a dark purple shade, which can look black from afar if you add a couple layers. Dark lipsticks can be messy, but this brand claims to be smudge-proof and long-lasting… and I can confirm this for sure!

Duration: 4+ hours

2) Bow ‘n’  Arrow by Kat Von D

When speaking of matte liquid lipsticks, Kat Von D is your girl! Bow ‘n’ Arrow is the fall nude to go for if you’re not into the dark purples or browns. Kat describes this color as a “fawn nude.” This color won’t budge on your lips no matter what.

Duration: 7+ hours

3) Beeper by ColourPop

Don’t have money to splurge? Don’t worry. ColourPop is your best friend. This brand may be cheap, but it’s good quality. Beeper is one of ColourPop’s all time best selling shades. This liquid lipstick is described as a warm mid-tone taupe with hints of purple.

Duration: 5+ hours

4) Copenhagen by NYX

This soft, matte lip cream from NYX is to die for! Not only does it feel weightless, but it smells like vanilla cupcakes and it’s inexpensive as well! It’s a win, win! After one application, this color could be described as a burgundy wine, but after two or three layers, it becomes a deep plum shade.

Duration: 3+ hours

5) Kourt K by Kylie Cosmetics

Are you tired of hearing about Kylie Lip Kits yet? I hope not! If by chance you find $30 on the floor, spend it on this bold dark violet lippie. Kylie’s lip products may be on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for. Her products are super pigmented and they also smell quite nice, I may add. You can never go wrong with her!

Duration: 7+ hours

TIP: If you intend to try any of these products, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize your lips first! The perfect pout takes time… but the effort is so worth it, Collegiettes!

Cover Photo Source