Her Campus UConns 20 Favorite Holiday Dresses!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Once finals are finished, it’s time to party!  Everyone loves a great holiday party, whether it’s New Year’s Eve or Christmas.  Here are 20 fabulous looks for the holiday season.

Under $50

Red Vixen

You’ll be sure to steal the heart of every guy at the party in this one shoulder red dress.

Bead Strap Matelasse Dress, Forever 21, $34.80 at forever21.com

Shining Star

This silver dress is sexy without being revealing.  This dress is perfect for a New Year’s Party!

Textured Lamé Dress, Forever 21, $22.80 at forever21.com

Grecian Goddess

This simple white one shoulder dress will make any collegiate look effortlessly beautiful.   Pair emerald jewelry with this dress and you’ll be sure to rock it!

One Shoulder Draped Dress, Soprano, $48 at nordstrom.com

Simply Satin

Pair this dress with patterned tights and a pair of black heels to make the perfect holiday outfit!  Wear your hair in a top knot to draw attention to your face.

Women’s Satin Dresses, Old Navy, $39.94 at oldnavy.com

Christmas Ballerina

Look simply cute in this baby blue dress.  It makes a subtle statement while accentuating the smallest part of you with the sweet ribbon belt.

Belted Tulle Ballerina Dress, Delia’s, $44.50 at delias.com

Sugar Plum Fairy

This one-shoulder purple dress will be sure to have sugar-plum fairies dancing in your head.  One shoulder dresses are always flattering!

One-Shoulder Bow Dress, Delia’s, $39.50 at delias.com

Bold Back

Make an unforgettable entrance in this emerald gem with a simple twirl and you’ll be sure to turn heads.
Call Me Baby Black and Jade Green Dress, Lulu’s, $37 at lulus.com

Architectural Beauty

This dress adds a little sass to a classic blue dress.  The straps are interesting without being too over the top.  Draw attention to the chic straps with an updo hairstyle.

Surprise Surprise Teal Dress, Lulu’s, $36.50 at lulus.com

Under $100

Silver Sweetheart

Bring the silver bells to any holiday party in this sweet sequined dress.  This dress combines two of the hottest trends with the mesh overlay and sequins, not to mention that it is adorable. 

Allover Silver Sequin Dress, Delia’s, $59.50 at delias.com

Scalloped Sequins

Add a little shimmer to your night with this strapless dress.

Scalloped Sequin Dress, Delia’s, $54.50 at delias.com

Red Wonder

This maroon dress will bring holiday spirit to any party.  The corset top adds a little sass to the ensemble. 

AE Sequined Corset Dress, American Eagle Outfitters, $59.50 at ae.com

Lace Lady

Add a pair of sparkly pumps and a red lip to this party dress and you’ll be sure to steal the spotlight!

AE Ballerina Party Dress, American Eagle Outfitters, $59.50 at ae.com

Threaded Gold

This unique pattern dress will be sure to make you stand out in a crowd!

Sparkle & Fade Olympia Dress, Urban Outfitters, $99 at urbanoutfitters.com

Gold Shift

This dress is perfect for winter! Just pair black tights and booties with it and you will look picture perfect for any holiday party.

Wendy Chaitin Lace Overlay Shift Dress, Jump Apparel, $88 at nordstrom.com

Liquid Gold

Want to be the star of the party? Shine bright in this sequined dress and you’re sure to catch the attention of the hottest guy of the party.

Midas Gold Touch Dress, Lulu’s, $52 at lulus.com      

Sequined Sweetie

This dress is the perfect mix of color and sequins without being trashy.  Look classy in this colorfully sequined dress!

Multicolored Sequin Tank Dress, Accidently in Love, $64 at nordstrom.com

Over $100

Floral Party Dress

Look like a sophisticated socialite in this fun floral patterned party dress.

BB Dakota Jacquard Sleeveless Dress, Urban Outfitter’s, $110 at urbanoutfitters.com

Gray Goddess

Add a leather jacket to this sweet dress and give off a rocker vibe, or just add a pair of red pumps and you’ll be ready to party the night away!

Hailey Logan Dress, Macy’s, $118.99 at macys.com

Glitter and Gold

This simple dress will add shimmer to any holiday party.  Not only is it gorgeous, but this dress is part of everyone’s favorite fashion muse’s collection, Alexa Chung.

Alex Chung for Madewell Kiss Me Dress, Madewell, $245 at madewell.com

Pink Blush

Look pretty and polished in this pink strapless dress from Madewell.

Storybook Dress, Madewell, $188 at madewell.com

My name is Ashley Dostie and I am the current Editor in Chief for the Her Campus branch at the University of Connecticut. I am a journalism and public relations double major and I am looking forward to expanding and publicizing this amazing online magazine come fall semester!