Her Campus UConn Weighs In: Study Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

With the conquering of midterm papers and exams comes the coveted home-stretch of the semester: Thanksgiving break and the last few weeks before finals. While Homer Babbidge is slightly quieter and emptier after midterms, think about taking your assignments and finals preparation to other parts of campus – keep them a secret and you’ll find yourself on the way to As come finals week! Her Campus UConn contributors weigh in to provide readers with our personal favorite spots in Storrs for a study session:

“Wilbur Cross! The lounge area in the back (with the history on the walls) is so comfortable” – Jennifer Birchwale

“The best spot to study on campus is the Classroom Building (Laurel Hall).  You can get your own classroom and it is right next to the Union if you want a snack.” – Kristen Biatowas

“The music library. It’s in the music building and people are rarely there. Also ITE is a great place to find a quiet place.” – Victoria De Rosa

“Pharmacy Building” – Caitlin Taylor

“The breakout rooms in the new Oak Hall. The building is so confusing that people seem intimidated to go in there if they don’t have class which I happily benefit from on the weekends.” – Brittany Barnes

“There are a bunch of random study rooms that most people don’t know about in Baldwin and Hurley which are in north (on either side of the dining hall)! Also, I hear that a lot of the Classroom Building classrooms are usually unlocked and there aren’t many evening classes in them!” – Maura Murphy

So readers, where are your favorite on-campus study spots?

Caitlin is a Communication major with minors in Sociology and Women's Studies at the University of Connecticut. She has always loved to write, but she caught the advertising bug at UConn and now dreams of creating ads that people will always remember. When she's not studying mass media or reading advertising blogs, Caitlin loves making collages, riding horses, and surprising people!