Grooveboston Vitality Tour Takes UConn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This Saturday, February 8th, the Grooveboston “Vitality Tour” provided UConn students with a “Legendary Dance Party” at Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts. For those of you who missed it, Grooveboston is a company that “combines massive-scale production with world-class resident DJs to create LEGENDARY concert events on college campuses” (according to their website). Think Barstool, but smaller scale and with local DJs. 

And legendary it was!

I did not know what to expect going to the concert. I had been to the Alesso concert last year at Jorgensen and it was incredible, but I didn’t know how Grooveboston would fare without a big-name DJ. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Huskies came decked out in typical neon rave attire, and everyone was ready to party. 

The DJs played a live set and included all kinds of great music from many different artists, creating a more diverse playlist that was definitely fun to listen to. One of the best parts of the night was the lighting. Grooveboston’s set up was extremely impressive and included many different types of lasers and lights. The concert had all of the necessary ingredients to get students pumped up to have a great time, which they did – and are likely hoping that Grooveboston makes a second appearance at UConn! 

Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.