Five Things to Look Forward to at the Homecoming Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Mark your calendar ladies, because the Homecoming Game is this Saturday! Come celebrate and cheer on your favorite football team at the Rentschler field! Here are a few things to look forward to for this Saturday:

1. Getting to tailgate with friends and alumni!

Food, friends, some more food, and a good time. What more can you possibly want?!

2. Seeing Jonathan the Husky and snagging a picture with him! 

Do you really go to UConn if you don’t have a selfie or picture with Jonathan? This mascot’s got some moves and the ability to get the crowd going! Try to snag a selfie with him !

3. Getting to see some awesome performances

Every year, the Dance Team does a segment and performs for the crowd. Let’s not forget about the UConn Marching Band, either!

4.  Blue and White everywhere

One of the best parts of the game is our school pride, so put on your UCONN shirt and be proud that you’re a Husky! Small colleges don’t get to experience this, so take in all the excitement and buzz and let your inner Husky out with thousands of other Huskies!

5. Watching UConn beat USF!!

This one’s self-explanatory. Cause afterall, this is UCONN country.

The Homecoming Game is one of many people’s favorite memories at UConn and should be added to your UConn Bucket Lists. Rain or shine, it’s always a great opportunity to create memories with friends. UConn’s Husky pride is unlike any other schools, so show ’em what it means to be a Husky!  Make sure to tag Her Campus (@hercampusconnecticut) in your Instagram posts or Tweet us pictures at @UconnHC if you end up going!

Gloria is the Marketing Co-Director for Her Campus UConn. She is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is a sucker for corny jokes, probably knows a little too much about celebrities, and is a big foodie.