This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

I think it’s safe to say New York City is one place where you absolutely NEVER go hungry: each block is filled with every type of cuisine you could possibly crave… like ever. I for one am a big snacker and an even bigger coffee girl; both are a must when I’m having a day in the city! Below I’ve rounded up five spots where you can grab a coffee, sweet treat, or savory snack when in the city this winter break.

1. Tompkins Square Bagels

Bagels are an absolute staple in my salty snack repertoire, and when in New York you need to stop at Tompkins Square Bagels. This spot has multiple locations in the city, the most popular being on Avenue A (naturally across from Tompkins Square Park)! Their menu offers a great variety of not only different bagels but a ton of tasty different cream cheese spreads. They also offer an extensive list of their bagel sandwiches from a classic bacon, egg, and cheese to basically anything you can imagine. Whether you prefer savory or sweet there’s one for everyone! This spot attracts a pretty decent crowd so be prepared for a bit of wait, but it’s so extremely worth it once you take that first bite!

2. AmOrino Gelato and cafe

Amorino’s is a classic gelato spot with multiple locations throughout NYC. I visited the Greenwich Village location about a year ago and I still think about their gelato… basically all the time. Not only do they have delicious gelato, they offer a wide range of other tasty sweet treats. From waffles and crepes to gelato macarons, and to my most recent knowledge Italian-style hot chocolate (which looks absolutely amazing!), Amorino’s is a must-try for any and every sweet treat lover!

3. Magnolia Bakery

A must-stop when in New York is Magnolia Bakery. They have seven locations from the Upper West Side, the West Village, and even Grand Central! This is the perfect spot for anyone with a sweet tooth. From cupcakes to cookies, and even cakes, Magnolia has it all. If you leave with just one goodie (which is very hard to do), PLEASE let it be the banana pudding. I’m not usually a banana flavor type of girl but this is an exception, the base is a delicious vanilla pudding with vanilla wafers and fresh bananas. Need I say more? Go to Magnolia, please!

4. Red Gate Bakery

The fourth stop on our goodie journey is Red Gate Bakery, located in the East Village. I have yet to personally try but I’ve heard insane reviews about their chocolate chip banana bread specifically. Red Gate offers a wide array of sweet treats like cookie bars, cakes, and their most beloved loaves (banana bread is the big one)! I will definitely be stopping at Red Gate this winter break!

5. Blank Street Coffee

The fifth and final must-stop after all these sweets is Blank Street Coffee. They have multiple locations all around New York, if you happen to be closer to Boston you’re also in luck with many locations to choose from. Again I have yet to make a pit stop here but it is for sure on my list! Not only can you grab a fresh cup while you’re there, but they also sell their delicious beans so you can make it from home. Make sure to add Blank Street Coffee to your list when in New York!

I hope this helped plan your snack stops the next time you head into New York. Enjoy your tasty treats!

Gianna is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut studying Communication. She enjoys shopping, getting coffee, and taking pictures (mostly of her dog)! Gianna enjoys writing about anything from fashion, to music, or relatable lifestyle content specifically for college aged women. In her future Gianna hopes to start a career in public relations and/or marketing. She has always had a passion for writing and believes that HerCampus is an incredible outlet for other women with the same passion! In her free time Gianna loves spending time with friends, staying active, and taking millions of sunset pictures.